'07 worlds

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

'07 worlds

Postby Smyith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:38 pm

john just told me that the '07 worlds are gonna be in highbridge, wi.

this is awesome!!!!! out of all the places ive disced in the midwest they definitly have the best concentration of courses in one area.

the craziest thing is john still hasn't even played disc yet (last i knew anyway) b/c he figures if he does start he'll wanna play and not continue construct more courses. i think he mentioned wanting like 10- 18 hole courses by 2010. idk if you guys have managed to get there but it definitly worth the time and $.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby roadkill » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Amen to that!

Saw Chuck's post on the PDGA board the other day. Those courses are pretty nice (only wish they were more roller friendly) and they should be vastly improved by '07. This also shows John's committment.

I was afraid that the family would revert to their ball golf experience as that probably brings in much better return on investment than disc golf. However I'm very pleased to hear they've made such a commitment. Their disc golf camp and learning center should play a vital part in the ongoing growth of the sport.

I'm going to return to Highbridge in July for Midnationals and this time I'm going to tear it up.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Smyith » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:32 pm

roadkill wrote: I'm going to return to Highbridge in July for Midnationals and this time I'm going to tear it up.

I'll see you there right behind me in second place :D ...lol

i guess what happened was that it was originally supposed to be a ball golf course with these homes and stuff but the investors pulled out on him or something. good for us.

they also finished the showers/bathrooms completely and one of the pros from up there was at a local tourny and said they are working on lodging and the campsites in the woods are gonna all be finished. the bear has 12 holes now. but that was last november so who knows how far they are now.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion