elbow problems

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Mark Brunner » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:06 am

I would be willing to bet that any injury of that type, a medical professional would recommend 4-6 weeks with little to no use of the muscle area, and then after that time to work in exercises to strengthen the tendins
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:21 am

Yeah, for those of you wondering why I haven't gone to the doctor... Money is the main reason. He's gonna do a couple hundred dollars worth of tests/x rays to tell me just that.

I'm thinking of backing off so that I can be healthy in the summer. I played with a sprained knee earlier this year by just eliminating my run up, but there's no way I can play with my elbow out.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby steezo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:29 pm

you're exactly right about what a doc would say/charge. he'd say that you have a bad case of Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and possibly bone spurs in the elbow region. He'd say lay off of it for a couple of weeks to a month, ice when sore and he'd have ultra sound done on it. i think you might be the one that posted about it hurting when you jab punched? not sure, but when you jab, your elbow should never pop to full extension. thats hyperextension. the same should occur in your throwing motion. yes i know that your arm will fully extend, but you should have already thrown the disc by then. if you wait to long to throw/rip/let go of the disc, then you are creating that pressure in your elbow. try taking it easy for a week or so, ice when sore, maybe take some anti-inflamintories if needed, stretch your wrist, forearm, and your tricep muscles. after if feels better, try and do some weight work (dumb bells) with your wrist, forearm and tricep.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

elbow

Postby twmccoy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:59 pm

I took a couple weeks off and it helped my elbow out a lot. I threw some last weekend and didn't even feel it. I also recommend not throwing in cold weather. This seems to aggravate it easily.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Naomi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:25 pm

I get pain in the same area it sounds like. Usually it happens when I overthink my shot at the last moment and hesitate just before I release the disc. I am fairly new but have found this happens consistantly when I hesitate instead of going for it.
Naomi
Noob

Postby Texas Made » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:11 pm

I fell the same thing onece in a while-
usually after LONG rounds or multiple rounds....Toomuch tomahawkage will do it....But yeah, it never really bothers me during, its allways after....
hot tubs a brew work wonders.....
guess it comes with the territory...
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Naomi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:56 pm

Yeah that must be it- I have been playing like almost 2 weeks straight in a row and I should have confidence by now but still seem to hesitate at times when I should just go for it and trust myself!
Naomi
Noob

Postby Naomi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:57 pm

I forgot to say I have been playing 2 weeks at least 1 1/2 to2 rounds a day!
Naomi
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion