Bowling Green Ams. WHOS GOING WITH ME?!?!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bowling Green Ams. WHOS GOING WITH ME?!?!

Postby LastBoyScout » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:09 am

Who is going to be at the Bowling Green Ams April 1st and 2nd?

This is suppose to be the biggest ams event in the country and I thought that it would be cool to atleast be able to say high to fellow DGR members. This will be my first tournament and all my friends wont let me play intermediate, so im starting off adv.ams.
LastBoyScout

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:27 am

im kind of in the same boat, I never really competed before, but everyone tells me that I should skip intermediate.
Where is bowling greens? I cant travel too far this april, and theres a good chance I need to be around for school then too.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:14 am

Bowling Green, Kentucky

:twisted:
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Mark Brunner » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:35 pm

I will be there, hopefully i will have a bunch of gateway product with me in case anyone wants to buy some discs to try out.

I will be there friday and am staying at the host hotel. I will be playing probably a little at all 4 courses on friday so if anyone would like to meet up to play your welcome to call my cell phone that day!

262.573.8530 It doesnt matter much to me if your off the forum, I just enjoy playing with new people
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby Smyith » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:48 pm

i dont think that skipping intermediate is the best idea. it will be more beneficial to play your first tourny at that level, for the ease it will have on your mental game (not as much pressure). i was told the same thing to skip intermiediate my first tourny and i BOMBED!!!!!!! it turned me off from tourny's for a year or so until i finally had enough confidence in my game.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby LastBoyScout » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:39 pm

Smyith wrote:i dont think that skipping intermediate is the best idea. it will be more beneficial to play your first tourny at that level, for the ease it will have on your mental game (not as much pressure). i was told the same thing to skip intermiediate my first tourny and i BOMBED!!!!!!! it turned me off from tourny's for a year or so until i finally had enough confidence in my game.

I learned to play in May of 2005 with people who are adv. ams., so my skill level has really progressed far. Im talking about every three months or so i drop about 5 strokes on average due to skill increase.

If I signed up as Intermediate, it would just be a race between me and the other "Sand Baggers" as far as me and my friends are concerned. Why ruin a tourney for some peeps who are in the right catagory all because I was too proud to take a chance and play with peeps who might/are be better than me?

I might call you Mark. Me and some peeps will be camping at the KOA more than likely.
LastBoyScout

Latitude 64

Postby Dupaloop3611 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:07 am

I am going to the ams. does anyone knows if they will sell latitude 64 discs there???????? if so i dont think they will have many to go around.
-dupaloop-
Dupaloop3611
Noob

Postby LastBoyScout » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:52 am

unless they have the actual Lat. 64 company there, more than likely not. I dont think they hit the US market until mid/late april or may
LastBoyScout

Return to General Discussion