A few beginner definitions

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

A few beginner definitions

Postby rodman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Well, some of you know now that I'm addicted and read all i can on this and other sites. But I just need a baseline so that I fully understand all concepts being communicated. I have a few definitions that I need from you guys. It'll be very elementary for you.

Please define the following terms by giving the most common intent when using the word/phrase.

The disc gets Flippy?

Turn over?

The standard direction of a broken in disk to turn??.... I think it means they will go right on you.

More to come later. Thanks.
rodman
Noob

Postby presidio hills » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:50 pm

if a right handed thrower tossing backhand throws a "flippy" disc with a hyzer release (you following me so far?) the disc will "flip" up from the hyzer and start travelling straight, or even to the right.
a "hyzer flip" is what this type of shot is called.
the "flip" could also be called the "high speed turn"... discs with a "-4 high speed turn" on innova's rating scale would be considered "flippy" by many. however i usually associate a flippy disc with being a disc that didn't start out flippy but got worn in to become flippy.
a "turnover" shot is any shot travelling to the right (for the rhbh release)... this could be a result of the release angle (ie: anhyzer), or the disc (ie: a flippy one)... a turnover shot will finish to the right of where you threw it.

hope these descriptions make sense.
i run on lazer beans
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

I followed you

Postby rodman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:55 pm

I follow you all the way. Thanks a bunch.
rodman
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:38 am

He covered just about everything. I've noticed that players say turn over when they puposely throw a right turn shot but call it a flip when it turns without intent.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion