Par on holes

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby steezo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:39 pm

Hey Texas Made: I just moved to Austin and played Old Settlers this past week. Its really fun because its long, but there are 4 birdy holes. Played it today( that makes twice) and the wind was was fun. :?
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:04 pm

The point I was trying to make was as follows. When my local course was first established, whoever designed it (houck) made two of the holes par 4's, a dogleft right anhyzer hole 550 feet and a down hill 400+ foot through some trees hole.

To me its trivial unless people are not on the same page, but according to the locals all holes are played as 3 during tournaments for simplicity reasons.

The only reason it's important is for when I try to introduce new ppl or play with women who may not have the biggest of arms; that is, why call it a triple bogey when it could be a par or bogey? It really doesn't matter a 5 is a 5. I still believe that if you can throw at least 200 feet with any accuracy, you can play any courses that I know of (maybe not Wimberly).

I'm supposed to take a few people out next week to introduce them to the game. And I think it will leave a better taste in their mouth if they finish say par, 1, 2, or 3 over rather than 5, 6, 7 or 8.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion