glow game

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby swel304 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:19 am

I think I will start with the cheap route first and see how effective it is.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Glock23 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:36 am

You can get small amounts (enough to do your bag) for about $3.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby swel304 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:28 pm

got the new glow discs and the blacklight today. lined a carboard box with foil just to test the theory. I think it would work, but one of these little handheld blacklights just isnt going to be enough. maybe 3 units placed in the box right, but one just doesnt have enough power. I did discover however, if I charge them well on a bright light (im guessing my car headlights would be really good for this) I can run the handheld over them when they are starting to go back and recharge them very quickly. Its about like wiping dirt off with a rag or something, as long as they are not completely dead. the glow wiz and photon glo tracker to glow very nicely but they have kind of a speckled effect to them. The glow Z MRV that I have is a more solid, brighter, and longer lasting glow than both. I will probly get some of the flashing fishing lights also but I think the blacklight will still be pretty effective.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Previous

Return to General Discussion