Moderation

Comments, Questions, Requests, or Suggestions relating to discgolfreview.com

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Moderation

Postby Dogma » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:30 am

I pulled this quote from the Ask Discraft thread. I thought it was worth responding to, but didn't want to add to the embarrassment that that thread has become.
SkaBob wrote:Doesn't this forum software support deleting individual posts in threads? That way the thread could still be useful for those that would like some direct discourse with Discraft...

I agree with this, and encourage its use. I've been a mod on other forums. There are times when it's easier or more appropriate to just lock or delete a thread. But in situations where a handful of posts have ruined an otherwise very useful threaad (and very generous, in terms of the time and energy Discraft is giving), then I think it's appropriate to edit selectively. And yes, I've heard all the "censorship" arguments before. But it's pretty easy to separate useful contributions from personal attacks. Feel free to delete this post as practice. :D
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Re: Moderation

Postby black udder » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:41 am

If you look at the Discraft thread, you'll see it's cleaner.

I agree about the censorship dilemna, but at some point you have to weight the use. In the Discraft thread, it was a great opportunity for players to voice an opinion about the company and it's products and possibly shape future products. The last place we needed an argumentative thread drift was there...
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Re: Moderation

Postby Dogma » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:50 am

I hadn't looked back through the whole thread recently. Thanks very much for cleaning it up! :D
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Return to Website Comments