New Forum

Comments, Questions, Requests, or Suggestions relating to discgolfreview.com

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New Forum

Postby Leopard » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 pm

HEY y'all authorities -- can FLASH be enabled pleeez? promise i'll make entertaining use of it :D
and folks who don't like it can turn it off and miss out 8)

looked through all the settings and stuff -- very nice! now all we need is flash..

and can our favorite disc be displayed with our avatar and location? mo' fields = mo' clever
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Jaysus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 am

mikesolt wrote:Subsilver2 has been installed and activated. I defaulted it to be the preferred user setting unless you want proSilver.

Solty

it looks nice, thanks.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby arowan21 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 pm

and somehow the transition went smoother than the PDGA's transition to the new site. Yes I went there.
"If you have a choice to use any company, if you have a choice to use Innova, discraft, and gateway in your bag, without a doubt you have a competitive advantage over the other players who aren't doing that. Without a doubt." - David McCormack
arowan21
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DGA Squall

Postby Fritz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:19 pm

arowan21 wrote:and somehow the transition went smoother than the PDGA's transition to the new site. Yes I went there.

:shock: :lol:
I know I wish they'd hurry up and get back online, I want to see what Dave's Round Rating was for a -2 at our State Tournament.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Solty » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Here is a link for some themes...

Take a looksee and post comments. We can add a handful and you can choose whichever style you prefer from your UserControlPanel.

http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/?sk=u&sd=d

solty
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Spinthrift » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:55 am

My outbox does not retain any of my sent messages. When I send PMs, they will show in the outbox until I leave the site. When I come back, they're gone. I looked at control panel options, but if anything's there to fix it, I missed it.
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby sleepy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:13 am

Holy cow, there's almost 300 themes on that page! :shock:

So far, and in order of most to least, I like:

overlord
proFormell
ktukblack
proDark

Can you tell I like dark themes? :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Fritz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Spinthrift wrote:My outbox does not retain any of my sent messages. When I send PMs, they will show in the outbox until I leave the site. When I come back, they're gone. I looked at control panel options, but if anything's there to fix it, I missed it.

I'm with ya there. I hate "white"/bright themes.

Black Pearl is my fav.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby gratefuldisc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Liking the new forum but have one minor gripe:

I miss how the old forum would mark new posts read even if I skipped them after I browsed and logged out. Sometimes I don't read every single message and the new forum keeps them as unread until I read them even 5 visits later. Is there an option to mark things as new only if its been posted since my last visit instead of everything I haven't read?
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

Boss, Predator, OLF, OLS, JLS, QMS, Sentinel, Warlock
gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby Solty » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:47 pm

at the top of the main screen...there are : View unanswered posts | View active topics View new posts | View your posts
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby mark12b » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:44 am

view new posts is the bomb
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby tumpsi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:33 am

the terrerists set us up the bomb
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby SkaBob » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:49 am

mikesolt wrote:at the top of the main screen...there are : View unanswered posts | View active topics View new posts | View your posts

That doesn't sound like what he was talking about, and I'd like to second the desire for that (I clicked on the thread to post the same thing completely aside from him heh).

I keep my forum session logged in on my home PC, and it's obnoxious to the point where I don't even really bother checking the site but maybe once a day now (as opposed to maybe twice an hour as I find myself waiting on things at work) and hardly read anything because there's just so many threads the forum is telling me "ZOMG NEW POSTS!!!!" for posts that're all quite old at this point.

I can't tell what's REALLY a new post or not, because I don't compulsively click every thread and read them, so there're TONS of threads the forum says are new or have new posts, but they're just stuff I didn't bother to read, or don't care about new postings to... That used to not matter. I could just close my browser tab and the next time I came here I'd see what was new since my last visit.

The view new posts and view unanswered posts links don't really address this, they just show you every post the forum thinks is new, without them being categorized, and it still shows all the other ones as new, too. Right now the forum tells me there are 129 posts for me to read, and I'd have to hunt through that whole list just to find say, a disc dying thread or trade posts, and even if it was only showing the 44 posts that've been submitted since my last visit, I'd still have no organization to the list...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby gratefuldisc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:17 pm

exactly
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

Boss, Predator, OLF, OLS, JLS, QMS, Sentinel, Warlock
gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby mark12b » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:11 pm

have you tried the "mark topics read" or "mark forums read" link at the top of the topic page or forums list?
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Website Comments