Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby turso » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:04 pm

linkinparkervii wrote:
BLURR wrote:I really liked the CD for a while, but as my P-PD's got worn, there was no need for the CD.

I would really like to try a C-CD, if they ever come out.

If a c-cd ever came out, i could probably drop my PD. I love my FR CDs. They are straight with a touch of hyzer, or hold a nice anny line. Almost like a beat teebird. I used to throw my beat S PDs on most holes, but now i reach for my CDs and get a similar line/distance and without beating in a PD

You do know that current CDs are nothing like FR CDs, right?
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby linkinparkervii » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:04 pm

turso wrote:
linkinparkervii wrote:
BLURR wrote:I really liked the CD for a while, but as my P-PD's got worn, there was no need for the CD.

I would really like to try a C-CD, if they ever come out.

If a c-cd ever came out, i could probably drop my PD. I love my FR CDs. They are straight with a touch of hyzer, or hold a nice anny line. Almost like a beat teebird. I used to throw my beat S PDs on most holes, but now i reach for my CDs and get a similar line/distance and without beating in a PD

You do know that current CDs are nothing like FR CDs, right?

I do. I only throw the FR for that reason. Never thrown a production run CD. Would probably be a good understable compliment to the FR
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby pask2155 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 pm

What are the current CDs like?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby inthedrift » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 pm

They're kinda Valk-like
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby dehaas » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm

I've been tossing a production run s cd a little here and there and like it so far. I like it because it the fade isn't as pronounced as with a pd, but I don't have a seasoned pd in the bag right now....all of mine are pretty fresh still. If I really get on the cd it'll turn a bit but still come back. The flashing is still pretty sharp, we'll see how much more turn develops once it wears in.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:36 am

From Discgolfsweden

Discmania have developed MD2 together with Innova and Dave Dunipace. Produced by Innova. Abbreviation under the disc is S-MD1. MD2 is a less stable version of the MD1, it is between a Innova Shark and Coyote according to the Dave Dunipace at Innova.

I thought the MD1 was the understable/stable compliment to the MD2 not the other way around...
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Postby Joz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 am

Yeah, I always thought the MD2 was the more stable complement to the MD1.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:19 am

heres the md1

Discmanias first mold, a midrange released on the 1th of december 2006. Discmania have developed MD1 together with Innova and Dave Dunipace. Produced by Innova. Predictable overstable midrange according to the manufacturer. Abbreviation under the disc is S-MD1.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Postby pask2155 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:02 pm

What are your guys thoughts on discmanias p line discs? I know it's supposed to be the pro line like innova but is seems more durable to me and I like the feelin of it better.

So what are all your thoughts on it?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby keltik » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:43 pm

The Innova Pro blend discs I've used lately have been more durable than the older blends. It's almost like they are using an older star blend for pro. don't know what they are using for star now. It's long been said that even Innova doesn't have much control over their raw material blends.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby pask2155 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm

keltik wrote:The Innova Pro blend discs I've used lately have been more durable than the older blends. It's almost like they are using an older star blend for pro. don't know what they are using for star now. It's long been said that even Innova doesn't have much control over their raw material blends.

Hahaha. You didn't answer the question! Lol. Do you think p line is more durable? For me it seems more durable and breaks in understable but only to a certain point then it stays there...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 am

You might have gotten lucky because the hard driver Pro blend breaks in way slower than the softer tackier easier sliced P that is more common now.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ljerome » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 pm

My DD2 P-Line Frenzy broke in nicely and I am getting good distance now. 375-400. It has a pop top. So yesterday, I am in PIAS just browsing and I find a DD2 S-Line Frenzy with no pop top??!??! It was virtually flat. WTF?!?!?!? How will it fly anything like my P-Line? What is the reason for the HUGE difference??? Am I just an idiot missing something? I know I just have to get used to it but I am getting so effing tired of the same name\mold disc being totally different than the one I previously bought and it seems like this is the case for Innova and Discmania of course since they are virtually the same company right??? I realize there will be differences in flight of the different plastics like DX to Star to Champ and S-Line vs P-line and such but..... pop top to flat?

Any thoughts from the experts will help as I am .......frustrated.
ljerome
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pro Katana

Postby Joz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm

lol. Seriously?

First off, DD2s have been flat to domey since their inception.

Second, don't bother to rehash another 'WHY CAN'T INNOVA MAKE A CONSISTENT DISC/MOLD/WOMAN' thread. We get it.

No but seriously, the DD2s were all over the place. It's best you check PLH then dome if you want to match. That's just me and I don't even really throw them anymore.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 am

The short version is that you are fucked because the discs are too. S DD2 is way more overstable and shorter disc and needs a monster arm to fly far. No two ways about it and unfortunately in true Innova fashion the S DD2 is speed stable. Give it oomph or enough headwind and it cries like a baby and flips like a bitch.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment