Wizard deal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Wizard deal

Postby birddog » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:08 am

Anyone take advantage of the 5 Wizards for $30 deal? Did you get a decent range of weights and firmness?
birddog
Noob

Postby jimmythegroundhog » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:15 pm

Just call the store talk to Justin and he will set you up with what you want if they have them in
jimmythegroundhog
Noob

FIND IT HERE

Postby Chains » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:27 am

Chains
Noob

Re: Wizard deal

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:27 pm

birddog wrote:Anyone take advantage of the 5 Wizards for $30 deal? Did you get a decent range of weights and firmness?

They take requests. I got one of each firmness as I asked. It took several months to get my order though. I order my wizards from Sun Kings now.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby presidio hills » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:44 pm

i just gave the wizard deal a shot.

i didn't give any directions and just figured i'd get what i'd get. i ended up getting 2 soft, 2 medium, 1 E plastic and 1 glow plastic = 6 discs :) i guess i lucked out. 2 of the discs are black with no stamp at all... but they'll be sure to intimidate my opponents! i think it took a few days to get to me, and that's it.
i'm liking these things. i can't believe how stiff the rim is on even the 'soft' ones. gateway's plastic is really interesting... very rigid and chalky. i like it! the E plastic feels like innova's proline but slightly stiffer. they fly beautifully.
i run on lazer beans
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:18 am

presidio hills wrote:i just gave the wizard deal a shot.

i didn't give any directions and just figured i'd get what i'd get. i ended up getting 2 soft, 2 medium, 1 E plastic and 1 glow plastic = 6 discs :) i guess i lucked out. 2 of the discs are black with no stamp at all... but they'll be sure to intimidate my opponents! i think it took a few days to get to me, and that's it.
i'm liking these things. i can't believe how stiff the rim is on even the 'soft' ones. gateway's plastic is really interesting... very rigid and chalky. i like it! the E plastic feels like innova's proline but slightly stiffer. they fly beautifully.

Those black ones are really nice. They are the proto wizards. I accidently called them the midnight wizard on the pdga board (thats what Mike at Sun king has them listed as) and got "corrected" continuously. You got one oe each except a firm, which I actually prefer.

The proto's had something added to the mix to make them more grippy.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:02 pm

the proto s were all dark blue (unless this is a proto e) and they were made from regrind material which gave them a stiffness and feel that will never be duplicated.

not sure if the black e that feel like s are the same way.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Blake_T wrote:the proto s were all dark blue (unless this is a proto e) and they were made from regrind material which gave them a stiffness and feel that will never be duplicated.

not sure if the black e that feel like s are the same way.

The ones that I am talking about, I got from Sun Kings; he has them listed as Midnight wizards that come in med. and soft. They are completely black and come with no writing on them whatsoever, definately not e plastic.

The pdga board did point out that no such thing exists, that what I am referring to is actually a proto wizard. So, I'm at a loss of what to call them. Whatever they are, they are awesome/
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby swel304 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:53 pm

sorry to dredge up an old topic but Im really likeing my wiz and decided to get some more to make putting practice a little more efficient and try the different firmness, like a harder one for drives, ect.. anyway I wanted to call the store as mentioned above to make sure I get what I want but I cant seem to locate the number. If someone could point it out to me I would really appriciate it.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:00 pm

gdstour.com
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby swel304 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:21 pm

ahhh ok now I see it :oops: I was looking in the store section for it.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Return to Equipment