Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby zj1002 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 am

seasoned up 2 kc p2s for putting. used them for practice until they lost just a bit of stability. plastic doesn't really chunk up at all. got some gashes but nothing like what you see out of normal kc plastic. definitely is a different blend. the grip reminds me a lot of the grippy 11x aviars that I loved.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby MR. WICK » Wed May 09, 2012 11:16 am

Anyone know when retailers are supposed to be getting the new blizzard stuff? I'm interested in the SPD2's too but they just aren't showing up at the places I buy from.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Pwingles » Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 am

Anyone know how rare or limited the deep in the game stamps are? Got an SPD2 yesterday with the ditg stamp, wasnt sure if i should throw it or not
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby zj1002 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am

Mrwick- Disc Nation has them. Or prime or discgolfamerica(free shipping)

I personally just restocked them on Monday
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby La Flama Blanca » Thu May 17, 2012 3:39 pm

ZJ? You spoke of these KC-P2s becoming stock... Does anyone know if they are still going to be selling them as D-P2s, or will they differentiate the KCs from the standard D-line once they make it into stock?

I think I may have held a pale yellow KC the other day, but I am holding off to make sure I am actually getting a KC-P2. If they are just going to sell them as D-P2s in a new blend, I may have to go back and snag the one I held. It did seem much stiffer.
La Flama Blanca
Noob

Favorite Disc: D-P2

Postby zj1002 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 pm

What you found is not a kc p2. I have held white and yellow STIFF D-line P2s. Basically just a really firm DX. They are nice and very similar but they are not the same as the KC P2s

I dont know anything else when/if they will be stock. I heard through a source at work that they were coming out but there was not a definitely time frame given or what they would look like
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Flipflat » Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:ZJ? You spoke of these KC-P2s becoming stock... Does anyone know if they are still going to be selling them as D-P2s, or will they differentiate the KCs from the standard D-line once they make it into stock?

I think I may have held a pale yellow KC the other day, but I am holding off to make sure I am actually getting a KC-P2. If they are just going to sell them as D-P2s in a new blend, I may have to go back and snag the one I held. It did seem much stiffer.

What's it feel like? The KC P2s I have are stiff rubberyish.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby linkinparkervii » Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm

I have one of the CFR Big D pds and I love it, but its hard to find backups for it. How would the new 12x with the kenny stamp compare? Ive been thinking of trying those. I mainly use it for spike hyzers and utility shots.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby maskedavenger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 am

Anyone tasted/tested DM Blizzard C-line yet? I have a 150+ DD2 on the way, will report here how she flys. I already have a 175g ES DD2 and a 175g EO2012 Sparkle C-line DD2 (yes, I do throw that occasionally as well, I am not one for keeping the rarer stuff filed away or on the wall. Every disc wants to fly!) and they are both the longest discs in my collection. I have a feeling a lighter version will go FAR.

Mainly on the open range, though. I doubt the extra distance will be so controllable that it will make it into the bag.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

I was not aware of a European Open this year :-) Staffed the biannual 2011 EO.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 am

maskedavenger wrote:Anyone tasted/tested DM Blizzard C-line yet? I have a 150+ DD2 on the way, will report here how she flys. I already have a 175g ES DD2 and a 175g EO2012 Sparkle C-line DD2 (yes, I do throw that occasionally as well, I am not one for keeping the rarer stuff filed away or on the wall. Every disc wants to fly!) and they are both the longest discs in my collection. I have a feeling a lighter version will go FAR.

Mainly on the open range, though. I doubt the extra distance will be so controllable that it will make it into the bag.
Frankie and a few others have commented on the PD2 int he Blizzard thread, mostly along the lines of "flies like a Katana", "the most understable disc I've thrown", "no LSS", etc.

Hopefully the DD2 will be better than the Blizz Katana, but I have a hunch it won't.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:27 am

The pd2 i threw (blizz) was garbage, def katana-esque. The dd2 i threw was actually very nice, flew like a seasoned up nuke with a lot better (more reliable) fade.
Pd2 was 143 marked and dd2 waz 161 marked which im not sure if that will be normal or not, thought blizz ran 158 and under , so who knows if theyll be made that heavy for the production run
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am

The Blizzard DD2s are awesome. They can be flipped over but fight out pretty hard, they fly very similar to the heavier weights. I've been throwing them at 157-160 gram, so not crazy light. I've had some of my longest throws ever with them. I like them better than both the blizzard bosses and katanas. I had a pd2 one as well and as someone else said, it was realllllly flippy. I'm not a fan of the crazy light weight discs so I'm glad they made these a little heavier, hope they keep it up for the production run. The stack I have is from the factory second batch.

edit......
From discmania's site

The difference between the hugely popular Innova Blizzard Champion discs and our upcoming Blizzard C-line is, besides different models, that Blizzard C-line models will be available in “tournament ready” weights up to 165grams. This gives the power players out there a chance to experience the magic of Blizzard plastic without it being too understable to control. Controllability is definitely a keyword concerning the Blizzard C-line models, as for example the DD2 has a soft turn but it’s still packed with a predictable fade giving more distance for those big flex shots.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby jubuttib » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 pm

I hate it when they equate weight to stability...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:08 am

JR wrote:I was not aware of a European Open this year :-) Staffed the biannual 2011 EO.

...should have known this would happen. :)
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment