Bag help

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby didihitatree » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:22 am

It's kind of hard for me to say where Wizard ends and Roc/MRV starts. Anything within 150 I can throw either one, but will usually use the Wizard just to save wear and tear on the midrange. Between 150 and 200 it just depends on the particular situation and maybe how I'm feeling that day. And if some fade is okay and I have enough height clearance I might throw the Wizard up to 225.

I've just recently come to realize that disc overlap is a not a bad thing. If there's a particular situation where one disc works much better than anything else, then that disc belongs in your bag. But if 80% of the time you can throw two or more discs and accomplish the same thing it means you've got good skills.

It's gotten to the point where anytime I end up in a situation like "The only way I can make this shot is to throw X disc Y way" I make a mental note of it, then go back after the round and see if I can figure out a different way to do it. I kinda feel like the ultimate disc golf zen master could throw any disc in any way and make any shot. Obviously it's not going to happen, especially with drives but it's not a bad goal to keep in mind.
didihitatree
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:54 am

when i'm not trying to absolutely bomb the disc, i can put a wizard within 10' of my roc when there is no restriction on height (these are both straight line drive flight).

the way i look at it is this, unless it is downhill, i'm better off throwing the roc a little bit lower than the wizard higher if the shot is 280-310'.

below that it's a judgement call. if i have a 10' ceiling on a 250' hole, that = roc rather than a wizard. 220' and wide open with no wind = wizard or z pred.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:55 am

the main factor I consider deciding wether to throw a mid or a putter at certian ranges is celing height.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby zealot » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:32 pm

the innova deluxe bag:
175g - Pro KC Roc (loving this disc)
170g - Star Aviar (all i can say is gzzzzzZ)

168g - DX Teebird
170g - DX Teebird
172g - DX Teebird

167g - DX Wraith (BH and FH)
175g - Star Teerex (overstable driver, late fade)
172g - Champion Sidewinder (understable driver)

Spares:
170g - Star Starfire (overstable driver, earlier fade)
170g - DX Rhyno (worn in)

trying to minimalize... i love the teebid, its what i was looking for... the last 3 on the list dont get thrown except once or twice a round
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Previous

Return to Equipment