The Skeeter

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Weebl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:43 am

mikesolt wrote:i had a guy last nite at dubs pull me aside and ask to trade me the new wraith he bought from me....for a leopard. He said..."i was reading and the wraith is way too much of a disc for me...leopard or cheetah is what i should be throwing.." so i gave him a dx leopard(166) for the wraith he initially bought from me....dx wraith(175)

i try telling people what discs will do but yes...they want the latest and greatest..

That's huge, I wish people around here were willing to actually learn to play instead of convulsing on the teepad hoping te disc goes where you're not aiming.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:23 am

i talk myself outta sales quite a bit....cuz id rather see the person get the disc that matches them....not because its new or pretty.

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Blake_T » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm

if you talk someone out of the latest and greatest and get the right plastic in their hands it breeds customer loyalty.

end up with a lot of rec players here where i talk them out of a dyed star wraith to get a dx gazelle or polaris in their hands.

they come back 3 weeks later with 4 friends.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Solty » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:48 pm

exactly blake....i noticed they all ask me...what does this do...what does that do....then i hand em a copy of Joe's Disc Characteristics :) (again, thanks blake) and they are in aww. I tell my friends...if i sold discs to make $$...i'd be divorced and living @ home. It's all about getting people out there....and satisfying their needs of instant gratification :D
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby zealot » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:46 pm

seriously has anyone thrown one of these? if its like the goblin but more wind resistent id be trying one out. if there is no wind at all a nice heavy goblin flies dead straight for me (like a worn in roc, which i dont have yet) if this thing can be more wind resistent and have a little better glide, it might compliment the roc for me (assuming the grip is sweet)
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Weebl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 pm

lock-off wrote:seriously has anyone thrown one of these?

Nay.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:32 am

rim feels like a stingray and they are super domey.

i doubt it will be more wind resistant.

felt kind of like a medius. haven't thrown it yet, but it feels more like a tweener driver than a mid.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Previous

Return to Equipment