Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Fritz, Solty, Booter, Blake_T, Frank Delicious


Postby Calle_SWE » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:02 am

Is the "Stone aviar" the same mold as the "Big Bead Aviar"?
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:54 am
Location: Göteborg

Postby shanest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:16 am

That stamp you are referring to is generally called the "brick" Aviar. It depends on when you have your's from. The new ones are small-bead molds but there have been older runs that were big bead Aviars. Feel the bottom of the rim. If there is a circular shaped thing running around the bottom, it is a big bead. For comparison, KC and JK Pro Aviars are Big Bead Aviars.
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:46 pm

Postby Blake_T » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:30 pm

not to get technical, but "grid" aviar is generally the standard terminology out on tour and amongst older-school players.

the current is known as the "classic aviar" and is the standard putt & approach mold run in stiff plastic.

there are actually 2 big bead molds as well.
the original big bead was the mold used for the aviar driver and the kc aviars through the 10x's. upon the release of the jk aviar it was retooled to have a smaller bead and all subsequent big bead aviars are of the jk aviar mold.

the last run of dx big bead aviars was run in late 2002 if i remember correctly. often you can still find these at disc retailers as the grid aviar isn't a popular disc except for people who putt really well (and they are few) :)
Super Sekret Technique Jedi
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 12:44 am
Location: Minneapolis

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests