anyone carry a chair along?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

anyone carry a chair along?

Postby Luckyg71 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:06 pm

Does anyone here carry a chair with them? I have seen people sitting on the little tri-leg chairs, but where do they carry them on their bag??
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:23 pm

Depends on how many I'm playing with and if it's a tourny (bag tag/doubles events included), I got mine from REI that has a loop with a carabiner that i strap on a plastic hoop on my bag. Some just carry theirs.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:34 pm

I carry a tripod chair. Only really for two-day, four-round tournaments, but sometimes for a two-rounder if I know it's a full field and there'll be a lot of backups.

I typically just carry mine. The walks between times that I use it are not long enough for me to clip it on. At the end of the round, I'll clip the carabiner on my chair to one of the loops on my bag, just so they stay together.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby sleepy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Same here...I usually just carry mine. They're great for slow league/tourney play. They also come in handy when the ground is wet/muddy/snowy and you don't want to set your bag on it.

Also, there's one brand of chair (can't remember who makes it) that is much lighter and has a much larger top than the standard ones that have been around for a few years. These lighter ones are the same base chair that Huklab customizes and sells on their website.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Luckyg71 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:01 pm

mine isnt too heavy. I got it from walmart for 3 bucks.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby bigs348 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:04 pm

Yeah, I got my chair from Duluth Trading Company. It's made by some Swedish company, holds up to 450 pounds and has legs that extend out so that you can sit down without being practically on the ground. (For the record, I'm 6'6", 290, so I appreciate the high quality craftsmanship that allows me to not break the chair and to sit more than a foot and a half off the ground.)
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Rooster » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:38 pm

i carry mine if im gonna play 2 or more rounds. its lil folding ice fishing chair. its light and easy to carry.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:16 pm

I only really pull my out for tournaments. The slower pace of a tourney lets it get more use. But in casual play, even in packs of 6 or so for doubles, Im never sitting long enough to make it worth the trouble to bring.

ALso, In tournaments I use it a lot to place my bag on, so its not sitting in wet grass all the time with the early tee times.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby dscglfgeo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:40 pm

sleepy wrote:Same here...I usually just carry mine. They're great for slow league/tourney play. They also come in handy when the ground is wet/muddy/snowy and you don't want to set your bag on it.

Also, there's one brand of chair (can't remember who makes it) that is much lighter and has a much larger top than the standard ones that have been around for a few years. These lighter ones are the same base chair that Huklab customizes and sells on their website.

sleepy

CAMP TIME lightest best chair you'll find(imo) same one that huk lab uses for there chairs. Huk sells them for 25 I got mine from Mace Man at a tourny for 20 Also it sits taller than those 3 dollar ones and is half the weight
PDGA# 23933
Live life to the fullest you never know when it's going to end.
dscglfgeo
Noob

Postby Solty » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:44 pm

anyone ever find a chair for 'big boys'?
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby sleepy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:46 pm

Thanks dscglfgeo...that's the one I meant! :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby calvarycoffee » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:32 pm

i just sit on the ground. . .
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:09 pm

calvarycoffee wrote:i just sit on the ground. . .

works for me too ;-) a chair (nomatter how light) wouldnt be worth the extra bulk for me.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:07 pm

mikesolt wrote:anyone ever find a chair for 'big boys'?

http://www.gcioutdoor.com/products_quikeseat.htm

Quick-E Seat is the shit for those of us with a larger portage...
I'm very happy with mine, very durable and convenient (what with the quick strap and all...)
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Weebl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 pm

mikesolt wrote:anyone ever find a chair for 'big boys'?

This is what I use, GCI Outdoor Packseat, folds in half (i dont use the case) and I'm 6'5" 175 lbs. and it works for me comfortably.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Equipment