under-specialization and mid range help

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

under-specialization and mid range help

Postby kenny » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:18 pm

Lately my form has been getting better and I think my disc selection is holding me back. I wasnt too worried about distance but Im moving and the local coures is alot longer so I dont think Ill be ok with only mids and putters. Right now after working drivers back Im using a beat max weight se tl, beat old mold beast, and a champ firebirdL.
After reading the overlap article the tl fills #2 the beast #4 and the fl #5. I can throw around 300 +or-.
Ive decided to go to:
#1gazelle
2tl
3light beat gazelle
4old beast
5FL
Does this seem like a good set up? I cant realy buy any discs for a while and I have all of these exept the gazelle is a little over stable but I will break it in tomarrow playing a one disc game.
I also am lost in what mid range to use. I was using rocs but my favorite roc was cracked and I had none close to it, so i decided to start using wasps and buzzzs. I dont know if I need more practice with the buzzz but I have a hard time throwng it. If I dont throw it flat it will hold the hyzer line. I usualy throw everything with a little hyzer so I dont personaly think it is worth it to change my style, but are there advantages to this?or would it be better to just throw rocs again. I would thow wasps but I only have one z and one stable d so if I loose one i would be back in this situation. I think I just answered my own question.
I guess I am just looking for any advice any would be aprciated.
kenny
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:24 am

the TL and gazelle overlap quite a bit.

as for mids... a roc, wasp, or buzzz are sufficient.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment