Most like an archangel?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Most like an archangel?

Postby Tanner » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:18 pm

I apologize if this has been posted before. I searched and couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Even looked through the stickies, too.

Anyways, I just got an archangel today from work and threw two rounds with it today. HOLY COW. I love this thing. But I want more durability, seeing as every course that I play (Standing Rocks, Yulga) have a TON of trees. My technique limits me to RHBH only (I know, I know, I'll work on it) and I've been looking for a long driver that turns right and stays that way. I have an elite-z express that is my go-to driver for straight shots, and I love it. It does exactly what I want it to, go straight. It won't go right unless I throw with a big arc.

So, do I just have to wait for my Z Xpress to break in? Or should I look at something like the roadrunner or sidewinder when my archangel bites the dust?

Thanks for your help. I just wish that it didn't get dark.
-Tanner
Tanner
Noob

archangel

Postby twmccoy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:27 pm

A light sidewinder or roadrunner would probably do you well. They also fly longer and more consistently than an archangel anyway. BTW, a SW or RR will fade at the end of its flight, unlike an archangel.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Amateur » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:59 pm

You could try an Elite X Xpress. I have one that is thrashed and will hold a right turn the whole time.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby presidio hills » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:38 pm

you should get a dx valkryie and beat it up till it flies like you want. i have a beat in dx eagle that just holds the turn forever... it was a score out of a pond and i haven't beatin' any in from new to that point. i have beatin' valkryies to that point from brand new, though. and they're more predictable than a champion/star plastic disc that's 'broken in' out of the box (sidewinder, roadrunner etc...).
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby The Clergyman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Too bad about the tree thing. Cause I'm with ya - I love Archangels. I do find the Sidewinder gets the job done in its stead. Go light though.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:22 am

the archangel is one of the least predictable and least accurate discs of all time.

the sidewinder and dragon are probably the closest discs to it on the market.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:04 am

Blake_T wrote:the archangel is one of the least predictable and least accurate discs of all time.

Heh. In relation to the Dragon, Dave says it is Innovas disc that has the most efficient ratio of power to distance.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby The Clergyman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:11 am

Blake_T wrote:the archangel is one of the least predictable and least accurate discs of all time.

...like, the second and third least predictable and accurate discs of all time :wink:
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:38 am

The Clergyman wrote:

...like, the second and third least predictable and accurate discs of all time :wink:

I think that was the implication. :P
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Tanner » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:00 pm

So that's an ixnay on the roadrunner then? It looks on the website that the roadrunner curve is closest to the archangel. Oh well. We'll have some sidewinders in next week, so who knows.
-Tanner
Tanner
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:40 pm

roadrunner is closest to the leopard, as it has very little fade tendency (unlike the archangel, dragon, and sidewinder which fade substantially if they are not turned over).
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

archangel

Postby twmccoy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:41 pm

I've actually found the dragon to be far longer and more predictable than an archangel. They vary widely from disc to disc though. A light champ sidewinder is the best understable disc I've tried yet. 150g. champ valks are also pretty nice.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby deaddisc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:19 am

A dx TL would be a nice disc for a strictly right turn driver. They are cheap, so beating them up wouldnt be too bad cause you could just get a new one with minimal effort.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:32 am

deaddisc wrote:A dx TL would be a nice disc for a strictly right turn driver. They are cheap, so beating them up wouldnt be too bad cause you could just get a new one with minimal effort.
Since when are they making TLs in DX?
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby deaddisc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:02 am

deaddisc wrote:
A dx TL would be a nice disc for a strictly right turn driver. They are cheap, so beating them up wouldnt be too bad cause you could just get a new one with minimal effort.

Since when are they making TLs in DX?

Must be pro plastic then. My friend throws one and it looked like dx to me, I guess I have to ask him what kind of plastic it is. Regardless, the TL is a sweet anny backhand disc for a smooth, confident, and accurate right turn.IMO
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Equipment