Zephyr

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Zephyr

Postby The Clergyman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:14 am

What the h-e-double toothpicks is a Zephyr :shock: I saw one for sale at Highbridge, WI. As a former ultimate player it looked tempting. Wide diameter, wide rim, heavy - but I can't find any info on it. I opted for the z Buzzzz that day - so tell me, how does this fly? I suspect it's a putter???
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby Solty » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:21 am

From Innova's Site

Brief Description: Best disc for accuracy contests. Great as a throw and catch disc or to introduce catch disc players to the game.
Available Plastics: DX
Best Choice for: putting, grade school learners, short approaches, beginner putters, straight line approaches, jump putts, fast greens, converting from "catch discs".

About the Zephyr
The Zephyr is a throw and catch disc. It has long been a favorite for the Overall events of Discathon and Accuracy (160 grams). The Zephyr is great at the beach, at the park or on the disc golf course. The Zephyr has a very straight and true flight characteristic. The Zephyr’s Thumtrac® gives it extra durability and a great grip, especially for sidearm throws. It’s an ideal disc for playing catch at the beach.
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:37 am

The Zephyrs I've thrown (earlier models) had no thumbtrac, but they are fun. When they came out, they were the most overstable disc out there. I believe Dave D. from Innova had distance records in mind when he made it (or maybe that was the scorpion), thrown high with annie it will flatten and glide. It's a lot of fun, I wouldn't mind having a tourny where we could use only vintage discs... If it's a deal, I say go for it as they're a hoot and a half.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:40 pm

the condor is generally the MTA disc of choice, w/ the zephyr generally being #2.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:47 pm

Theres a guy around my area, In Baton Rouge... WHo ppl call "Zephyr Man"
ALL he throws is a max weight Zephyr. He's an older dude who always carries his Zeph in one hand and a Budweiser in the other. He does pretty decent in the Am division tourneys at the wooded courses. But on the longer open courses he struggles, and usually shoots 3-5ish over. But not bad for just throwing that big ass oyster platter
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Return to Equipment