Star Coyote

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Amateur » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:21 pm

Now the wasp is a Roc for Discraft guys. Does innova have an answer to the Drone?

EDIT:heh, forgot about the gator.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Blake_T » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:04 pm

the gator is nothing like the drone.

the drone was a knock off of the demon.

closest thing innova has to either is the whippet.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby akfrolfer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:37 pm

where would i go about getting acetone (is it just a liquid you pour on it and use a rag to scrub off the logo) to remove stamps from some of my disks? does it work for all kindas of plastics?
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby Tanner » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:39 pm

Any home depot/menards/lowes has it. You may try a welding supply shop as well, for I LOVE to use it for tig welding (cleaning)

Careful though, as it is EXXXXXXXXXXXXTREMELY flammable, and it takes EVERYTHING off. Use it sparingly and experiment with dilutions.

It is a liquid that you can just put on a rag and use.
-Tanner
Tanner
Noob

Postby Amateur » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:45 pm

Oh yea. It will remove any stamp. Sometimes you can still see the stamp imbedded in the plastic (hence Hotstamp), but sometimes that's kinda cool imo.

You can buy acetone at any major hardware store. Look in the paint area, it is a paint thinner. Some fingernail polish remover is 100% acetone. Just don't breathe this shit in for too long. Seriously. I blew a pen up in my mom's dryer and had to remove it with acetone. I was high as F*&$ but it was no fun. Acetone huffing (intentional or not)=bad buzz/possible death.

I hate Innova's DX stamps and always remove them. I've found that acetone will make DX plastic super grippy for your thumb.

Your fingernail will do the job too, just not as efficiently as acetone.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:27 am

acetone is a carcinogen and transfers into your system directly through the skin, lungs, etc.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:15 pm

yeah be careful with it for sure
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby bigs348 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:10 pm

So I've been a Buzzz thrower for quite a while now. I use a Z Buzzz for most straight to overstable mid shots, and 2 D Buzzzes (one broken in, one beat to hell) for straight to understable to roller midrange shots. I love my Z Buzzz, although it doesn't get used much, and my D Buzzzes are the most used discs in my bag apart from the Wizard. The Pro D plastic is terrible though and these things are just getting way too beat, way too quick. (I throw a lot of base plastic stuff and am used to breaking in discs, but bottomline Pro D sucks.) It's been about 5 weeks, and I already need to put in a new D Buzzz with the two beat ones.

Well, in a tournament a while back I won a DX Coyote. I never threw it, but just found it stashed away today and thought I'd give it a try. It flies A LOT like a new D Buzzz, but is actually a bit longer, with more glide and just as much control. I like the feel of the rim and the grip better, and the new DX plastic is far superior to Pro D plastic. So I'm going to try this sucker out. As much as I like Buzzzes, this disc just feels so good. I just ordered another DX Coyote (as a backup/go in the bag when the other one starts getting beat) and a Star Coyote (to see how the different plastic flies).

On a sidenote, my mixed bag is slowly becoming more and more Innova as I've been finding discs that are just plain better. I try as much stuff as I can, but I find myself liking many molds and plastics that Innova makes better than their counterparts. The Wizard ain't going nowhere though, I can say that...

I've been writing friggin' novels on here lately, I apologize.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:08 am

Blake_T wrote:
...except for pro's on Team Discraft I'm bettin'.

team discraft pros make up less than 0.1% of the pro field :)

Well.... this kid from Kansas was a Discraft thrower and he stomped the field at the Carrollton Open this last weekend. He beat Barry Shultz who was second.

This kid shot the course record at one course (-13) BOTH DAYS in the worst conditions you could imagine. It was raining and muddy, awful.

http://www.discraft.com/team_mccabe.html

Well done sir. Very impressive.

I remember when you could not GIVE AWAY Callaway golf clubs. they were a joke. Now they are the biggest, most successful golf compnay on the planet. All it took was one good driver design , the Big Bertha.

I have a mixed bag. Innova, Millenium, Discraft, and even Gateway. Whatever floats my boat.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby zealot » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:16 pm

back to coyotes,,, i use a roc and skeeter almost for everything, but when i have a low ceiling and need somethin dead straight with jsut a bit more glide ill pull out my star coyote (173g) ,,,,, honestly i bet a 180g star coyote is just the nuts but rocs are so much better in the wind ill stick with how my bag is...
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Previous

Return to Equipment