X Buzz, how does it compare?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby jgarcia9102 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:30 pm

this is all good info, but it still didnt necessarily answer my question, probably since i never really asked one. :oops:

specifically, i dont mind how broken in my D Buzz has become, although i know it will just keep going farther and farther right with each toss. i really just hate how the disc is warped. i dont really know much about X plastic, so i apologise if i sound stupid here, but is it like Pro plastic in that it starts out slightly more stable and quickly breaks into flippy? i dont like innova pro plastic for that reason, but ive never thrown X before. Also, does the X end without any fade like the D, or does it finish closer to the Z? i have my cryztal buzz when i need a little fade, so i was hoping the X would be closer to the D...
Last edited by jgarcia9102 on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby Amateur » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:29 pm

X plastic is tough stuff. I don't forsee it warping under normal midrange duties.

I like Discraft's X plastic way more than Innova's pro. I beat a Pro Valkyrie into a roller in around a week. It takes a while to break X plastic in. Mine's perfect for what I need, it's just slightly less stable than my Z.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:46 am

jgarcia9102 wrote:this is all good info, but it still didnt necessarily answer my question, probably since i never really asked one. :oops:

specifically, i dont mind how broken in my D Buzz has become, although i know it will just keep going farther and farther right with each toss. i really just hate how the disc is warped. i dont really know much about X plastic, so i apologise if i sound stupid here, but is it like Pro plastic in that it starts out slightly more stable and quickly breaks into flippy? i dont like innova pro plastic for that reason, but ive never thrown X before. Also, does the X end without any fade like the D, or does it finish closer to the Z? i have my cryztal buzz when i need a little fade, so i was hoping the X would be closer to the D...

J,
I prefer x over pro plastic. For Innova, dx is slightly longer than pro which is slightly longer than champ. For Discraft, x >pro D>elite z.

I like how it breaks in myself. I don't currently own an x but have thrown it. It is more stable than my pro D but still nice and straight. I don't find enough of a difference in pro d, x, or elite z to make the plastic type my deciding factor.

I carry an elite z (the midnight that was out awhile ago) because it holds its stability better, and a pro d because it doesn't (I wanted a right turn mid).

I didn't find the x as durable as the z, and it didn't break in quick enough to be my turn over disc. Thus, I chose a z and a d, not an x. BTW, the x was indeed longer than the other 2 for me.

If you like the feel of x plastic, go for it. If you don't have a preference, pick up an elite z as it holds up longer. Hope this helps.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:14 pm

I perfer the X it may be the altitude, but often dont think it is (was as I dont throw buzzes anymore). If you liked your D buzzz new, I would say try an x. It will hold up a while, and will fly more similar to the D. It should have some fade and not fly perfectly straight new. This is good though, because just alittle use it gets straighter and straighter before you start getting any turn. I never beat a X buzzz into the point the turn was too much (having a couple in the bag is a good thing)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby jgarcia9102 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:31 pm

well i am gonna go ahead and get the X, at least to try it out, when i get some cash. hopefully i can break it in enough to replace the D buzz i use now. i need to post a picture of this thing now, it looks like a piece of lumpy raw pizza dough. the flight plate is so warped its starting to affect my grip too, so i think its about time to retire it.

got my second ace with my d buzz.....
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Equipment