Slightly smaller bag?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Slightly smaller bag?

Postby akfrolfer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:27 am

I currently have the pdga tournment bag but the thing is just massive and seems like a huge puffy rectangle on my back. I was looking at some of the revolution bags, the team carolina one in particular, and was wondering if this bag is smaller than the tourn bag? I would still like to have 13-15 disks not counting putter and end pockets but just want something not so massive.

Thanks
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby all_thumbs » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:46 am

I have recently made that exact switch. By pure volume I'd say it's a 1/2 a cubic foot smaller, but that is spread over the length and the width. Size wise it is similiar to a Innova Deluxe bag with pockets added to the sides. It weighs less too, and if you use both drink holders, as they are opposite sides, you will have less of that left side drag.
Last edited by all_thumbs on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Postby Luckyg71 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 am

I just got the Carolina bag. I was using the Innova Deluxe bag. I think you are right, it is about the same size as the deluxe bag, only with pockets. Revolution says that it only holds 12-14 discs but I easily put 15 in the main section and a putter in the putter poclet. I might put some practice putters in the side pockets when I play some practice rounds. I love the new bag.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:33 am

You can also consider a Gateway weekend deluxe or the one that's slightly bigger. I used to carry a innova tour bag jammed full of discs, but I've cut it down to 13-15 now, and the Weekend Deluxe is perfect. It's also extremely well made, but very light, even with it's internal frame.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby akfrolfer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:57 am

anyone else have comments on the relative size of the team carolina bag and the pdga tourn bag?
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby Luckyg71 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:17 am

how many discs are you looking to carry?
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby akfrolfer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:26 pm

probably something like 13-14 in main not including putter pocket. I'm mainly concerned in the overall size of the bag, as in is the overall size of the team carolina bag smaller than the pdga tourn bag (my current bag).

probably something liek:
4-5 teebirds
2-3 leopards
1 z pred
4-5 rocs
1 firm wizard
1 med wizard (putt)
so 15 max plus 1 putter
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby CincyKeith » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:43 am

akfrolfer wrote:probably something like 13-14 in main not including putter pocket. I'm mainly concerned in the overall size of the bag, as in is the overall size of the team carolina bag smaller than the pdga tourn bag (my current bag).

probably something liek:
4-5 teebirds
2-3 leopards
1 z pred
4-5 rocs
1 firm wizard
1 med wizard (putt)
so 15 max plus 1 putter

You may have to trim down to 3 rocs or keep the rocs and remove 2 drivers, like 1 leopard and 1 teebird. Other than that, I think those will fit just fine. I try to refrain from stuffing 2 putters in the putter pocket. Just a preference, but you can jam 2 of em in there if you need to.

I carry:

2 firebirds
3 teebirds
1 sidewinder
3 rocs
3 classic rocs

and i know i can fit 2 more rocs or drivers in mine. Also, you might find yourself room for 1 extra driver since the new frames are supposed to save just a little bit of room, maybe a flick :lol: .
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby Luckyg71 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:21 pm

The carolina bag is big, but not heavy. Are you looking for just a smaller looking bag? I havent seen the PDGA bag. The revo bag is 14" long x 9" x 10" tall, if that helps.
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby krusen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:34 am

I use the Innova Deluxe bag. It only has a pocket on one end, and is a third of the price of the carolina bag. You could still easily fit 15 discs in it w/o overstuffing.

Of course you get what you pay for. My bag is holding up well, but I have been told the innova bags fall apart after a couple years.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:20 am

the innova pro bag is known for falling apart, my innova deluxe has held up for a year now w/ little signs of wear, even w/ my makeshift frame in it. I would love a revo, but this works fine. and holds my 15 discs fine, and I have had up to 18 in it w/ out being too tight (the frame makes things tighter, but I only carry 15 (2 putters one in pouch, 4 mids, and 9 drivers, to get idea of depth of discs if I had 4 putters in the bag I may have to drop to 14 discs)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:23 am

The carolina bag does seem more compact looking than similar capacity bags; I love mine. The deluxe bag lasted longer then other Innova bags I've had, but it was too square for me, like a lunch box.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:32 am

most compact designs:

1) lightning large lite bag: holds ~20 discs

2) gateway weekend deluxe bag: holds ~15 discs
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment