want to throw an innova buzzz?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

want to throw an innova buzzz?

Postby zealot » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:12 pm

you can, its called a skeeter. the only difference is the top is a tiny bit more domey. i got one today and sank a 35-40 footer on my 3rd throw with it... it does fly laser straight i just got to get use to it.

also a side note,,, the bottom of mine says HOB 174 (for hobbit).... i guess they either pressed em before they stamped em or someone at innova is real pissed they couldnt call it the hobbit. definately a better name than skeeter but i think this disc found a place in my bag today.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Amateur » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Domier, so you're saying they are a lil bit more overstable than a
Buzzz? Do they fly as long? How do they hold an anhyzer? Are they a large diameter disc or are they driver sized?

Just curious.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Glock23 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:14 pm

Lockoff, did quanset get their new shipment in??? I played massilon tonight, @$#% those stupid trees!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby coogs » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:28 pm

Lock-off, do you throw Rocs at all? If so, how would you compare the two?
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:07 pm

amateur,,,, yes, no, didnt try a big one yet, driver sized

glock, yeah you should def. go to quonset hut right now.

this disc wont be as good in the wind as a roc, but for tunnel shots its probably better. you also might flip this disc over if you try to drive it to hard. other than that its great for touch approaches. besides sinking that one 35 footer i had a few that were touch perfect and stayed where they landed like a roc does (eg, i shot one up a hill i did NOT want to go over and it flopped and stuck real nice at the end of the flight) i like how this disc fades ultra late so you can throw right for the chains with it no problem. i didnt throw it throughout the whole of my match today but it did well. it seems to like being flicked rather than ripped if that makes sense.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:16 am

lock-off wrote: it seems to like being flicked rather than ripped if that makes sense.
Sounds like finesse. :P
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:45 am

finesse = understable
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby all_thumbs » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:16 am

Why don't they just make a beadless Roc? Most people I've played with are pretty hung up on their large diameter mids. A 175gm mid will get passed over by alot of people. Do they just not want to be a follower?

If Wasp= Discraft Roc
and Buzzz = beadless Wasp
would beadless Roc = Innova Buzzz?

Argument applies to premium plastic only, of course, because if you want a Roc to fly similiar to a Buzzz, you can just beat in a DX one.

I can see that they might not want people saying "It's like an Innova Buzzz." If they sold it in Star I think they would sell a truck load though.
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Postby all_thumbs » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:20 am

Lol, they could call it the Buzzard.

It would be like stealing back their own design.
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Postby Rooster » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:59 am

although i am a discraft buzz guy i like that innova buzzard. what a perfect name ken. now if only they would actually do it.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby sleepy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:27 am

Isn't the Shark basically a beadless Roc?

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:35 pm

so i sank a 200 ft approach with this thing today. it was slightly elevated, and i threw a nice smooth hyzer that swept right into the money spot on the basket. i do like it for touch approaches, but it seems to work well for tunnel shots and straight approaches that are short as well.

u shoulda seen me doing flips and somersaults out in the fairway im sure it was funny. people were cheering from 2 different holes!
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 pm

gwailo wrote:Why don't they just make a beadless Roc? Most people I've played with are pretty hung up on their large diameter mids. A 175gm mid will get passed over by alot of people. Do they just not want to be a follower?

If Wasp= Discraft Roc

Argument applies to premium plastic only, of course, because if you want a Roc to fly similiar to a Buzzz, you can just beat in a DX one.

a beat roc will be as straight as a buzzz (if not straighter) but have a higher resistance to turn. In my mind this = superiority to the buzzz (I wont lie I miss the out of the box flight of a buzzz, and it hurts alot more to loose a seasoned wasp than any buzzz)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:36 pm

all i can find @ the local shop are:
white with blue stamps
yellow with blue stamps
red with cool silver stamps (they have a swirly design)

however, i dont care for red discs or blue stamps. see my dillemma? if you can find anything besides what i found let me know and ill work somethin out if you send me one. thx
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:24 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
gwailo wrote:Why don't they just make a beadless Roc? Most people I've played with are pretty hung up on their large diameter mids. A 175gm mid will get passed over by alot of people. Do they just not want to be a follower?

If Wasp= Discraft Roc

a beat roc will be as straight as a buzzz (if not straighter) but have a higher resistance to turn. In my mind this = superiority to the buzzz (I wont lie I miss the out of the box flight of a buzzz, and it hurts alot more to loose a seasoned wasp than any buzzz)

So thats how people describe Rocs that go straight with little to no fade at 85% power? beat in? Well then...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Equipment