want to throw an innova buzzz?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:22 pm

I would rather like my disc slightly broken in to beat to hell than like my disc new to slightly broken in...

edit:
in retrospect I suppose i could explain better.
I would rather throw a disc that fies how I like anywhere between "slightly broken in" to "beat to hell." than to throw a disc that flies good out of the box and flies ok slightly broken in, and then becomes in predictable.

better?
Last edited by Thatdirtykid on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:43 pm

only a smoker can decipher that last post dirty
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:37 am

is the edited verson any better?
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby kenny » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:19 am

lock-off wrote:so i sank a 200 ft approach with this thing today. it was slightly elevated, and i threw a nice smooth hyzer that swept right into the money spot on the basket. i do like it for touch approaches, but it seems to work well for tunnel shots and straight approaches that are short as well.

u shoulda seen me doing flips and somersaults out in the fairway im sure it was funny. people were cheering from 2 different holes!

That was you, I think I was a few holes behind you.
kenny
Noob

Postby zealot » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:41 am

were you up @ the practice pin or? (im the guy with the dreadlocks, so yea it prolly was me)
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:21 am

Best as I can figure from other comparisons (and experimenting with a roc this summer):
elite z wasp =champ roc
elite z buzz = new dx roc
not sure about x
new D buzz = nicely beat in roc

beat up d buzz=nice right turn disc, havent found a comparison, maybe a new stingray?

I didn't have an x long enough to draw conclusions but mine was beating in and flew like my Pro D when it was new. I don't remember if I lost it or traded it.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:17 am

so ive been throwin this skeeter a lot and the dx plastic is TOUGH on this thing. ive drilled trees, no change in flight or even knicks or scratches. its kinda freakin me out how tough it is. and the fact that its the straightest thing out there. very comparable to a d buzzz but the grip is way better. who's used this besides the one guy that reviewed it?
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:04 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:Best as I can figure from other comparisons (and experimenting with a roc this summer):
elite z wasp =champ roc
elite z buzz = new dx roc
not sure about x
new D buzz = nicely beat in roc

beat up d buzz=nice right turn disc, havent found a comparison, maybe a new stingray?

I didn't have an x long enough to draw conclusions but mine was beating in and flew like my Pro D when it was new. I don't remember if I lost it or traded it.

I dont know about anyone else but my beat Roc will only flatten from around 75 degrees of hyzer at 85% power anything less and it fades right/turns over depending on how much less. My seasoned Rocs require 20 degrees of hyzer to flatten at 85% power, Broken in Rocs need about 40 to flatten and slightly used means thrown flat/slight hyzer - will hold flat the entire way. For me new Z Buzzzs (domey) fly like my slightly used Rocs, X-Buzzz flies the same but breaks in quicker. Just trying to clarify some descriptions you used and if comparing to a different disc in degrees of wear, clarifying what the disc your comparing to flies like when new, lightly used, seasoned, beat, thrashed, ect.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby twincitiesdg » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:30 am

About rocs flipping (up to flat or flipping over). I have found that my rocs dont really flip, except by the wind. My rocs tend to fly very stable (and i dont mean overstable), depending on which roc I select for a particular shot (i carry four). In my experience, rocs hold a line like no other midrange around, although I am sure some would argue a buzz can do the same. Anyways, I seem to only be able to flip my rocs when I make a deliberate effort to torque them over.
twincitiesdg
Noob

Previous

Return to Equipment