Old Dx plastic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Old Dx plastic

Postby akfrolfer » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:09 am

I got a few old dx plastic teebirds online a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone knew if any places online in particular still carried them in the old Dx. Play it again (the only place in town that I can get discs) only gets the new dx plastic which I don't like cause it doesn't really break in and is too hard.

Thanks
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby garublador » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:56 am

I think the last few Teebirds I got from Gotta Go Gotta Throw were old DX. You might want to check with Blake to make sure and to see if they still have some.
garublador
Disc Whore

Re: Old Dx plastic

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:31 am

akfrolfer wrote:I got a few old dx plastic teebirds online a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone knew if any places online in particular still carried them in the old Dx. Play it again (the only place in town that I can get discs) only gets the new dx plastic which I don't like cause it doesn't really break in and is too hard.

Thanks

I have four.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Old Dx plastic

Postby Eric O » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:10 pm

akfrolfer wrote:... the new dx plastic which I don't like cause it doesn't really break in and is too hard.
...?!?
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby presidio hills » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:21 pm

garublador wrote:I think the last few Teebirds I got from Gotta Go Gotta Throw were old DX. You might want to check with Blake to make sure and to see if they still have some.

call them up and ask for blake. he's the man when it comes to picking stuff out since he knows exactly what's up with all the molds, plastics, etc...
he felt the lip on all their dx eagles to find the non-EL molds for me. thank goodness.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby akfrolfer » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:30 pm

ya I'm looking into it so I sent blake a pm.
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:39 am

you can't really call what you are referring to as "old" dx, old dx. older dx was super stiff and chalky.

i'm guessing you are referring to the 2004-2005 gummies?

i can definitely pick out non-newest run, but whether they are the run you want, i can't say.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby akfrolfer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm

Ya i think the 2004-2005 gummies is what I'm looking for. Basically it is the teebird that was right before the new rock hard dx plastic. I got some of the stuff im looking for online earlier this summer but I'm assuming those were just leftovers as at the same time play it again only stocked the new hard dx plastic.
akfrolfer
Noob

Return to Equipment