Orion Sirrus LS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Blake_T » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 am

the LF is slow, but it is predictably overstable.

it always fades, but due to its speed, it fades quite late.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:37 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:I like the solf and use it in many max distance situations, but it doesnt seem anywhere near as overstable as a teerex (which I dont have the power really throw) or even a wraith.

The orion y'all are discussing reminds me of my polaris though I don't have either right now.

Think it may be a matter of speed, the teerex and wraith are both faster than the solf, mabey youre getting alot more out of the solf because you have the power for it?

(referring to its stability compared to the wraith, should be more stable from what I hear)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:12 am

I figure you're right. I never have been a great power person, and lately it seems I'm losing distance.

Guess I'm just getting old.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:15 pm

god i am still young and it seems like I loose distance sometimes, and i think the wraith and teerex are still too much disc for most people, the avenger is just right for me (still need to try the solf)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:god i am still young and it seems like I loose distance sometimes, and i think the wraith and teerex are still too much disc for most people, the avenger is just right for me (still need to try the solf)

The wraith works differently for me. The SOLF is very nice. But it overlaps with both my avenger and wraith.

Maybe I beat up my pro wraith quicker, but it gets more distance and s's out better than my dx.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:04 pm

I havent thrown the dx wraith, but the pro wraiths are definately longer than my avengers (by about 30') however I never felt I had the control w/ wraiths, so I am plenty happy w/ just avengers, however I think I may try the solf soon, unless the olf is coming then I will wait...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:23 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:I havent thrown the dx wraith, but the pro wraiths are definately longer than my avengers (by about 30') however I never felt I had the control w/ wraiths, so I am plenty happy w/ just avengers, however I think I may try the solf soon, unless the olf is coming then I will wait...

Carry both? I actually think the wraith is not as unpredictable as people think. It just comes back better for me than the avenger when I turn it over. The x avenger, however, is my favorite disc right now.

I still don't know what to think about the esp surge; I have a feeling that if I can break it in some, it will hummmmmm.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:11 am

i think its less predictable because it is more nose angle senstive, and for me its not the wether it will fade or not its the when. When I make comments about the wraith, its never that its not a good disc (It is a good disc, I do have trouble handling it) its just not a good disc for some people (IE less power players)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:33 pm

I have thrown the SOLF for three rounds.

It is less overspeed stable and more overspeed stable than I like.

Turns over into headwinds and heysers out hard no matter how you throw it.

Would make a shorter thrower a wicked heyser disc.

Not for me though.

I took out every disc in my bag that I was ever unsure of when thrown, and all I have left is Innova. Hmmmm.....
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Fritz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:18 pm

Hmm, I must have a wacky throw or it's the altitude in CO cause my LF is fantastic. It acts like a longer Special Blend Orc. It's almost my longest disc and it's very predictable and does exactly what I want it to do. I throw it in slight to medium headwinds and it slices the wind like no other. The only disc in my bag that slices the wind better is my Star Teebird. If I put an Anhyzer on this disc it holds that Anhyzer forever and hardly fades back. Hell it even got me a birdie this weekend on a fairly long hole at the Vail Adventure Ridge tournament which was held at the Top of Vail Mountain Resort. Which is it's as over stable as you all say then I shouldn't have been throwing this disc backhand up at that Altitude. Shrug...

In short I love this disc and it has a permanent spot in my bag, unless down the road I get sponsored and I have to take it out.
:lol:

Also the LS is almost as long as my Star Valk, but I feel I can control the LS more. Plus I like the feel of the Sirius plastic more then the star plastic.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:IIt is less overspeed stable and more overspeed stable than I like.

Dumbass. I meant less low speed overstable....
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to Equipment