Eagle replacement

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Eagle replacement

Postby pointdisc » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:23 am

Hello, I'm looking to replace my CE Eagle with a CE disc that will get more distance of the tee. Currently throwing a 162g and would like to go up to about 172. Have thrown the monster and I'm not a fan of that. Was leaning towards a viking, but I'm looking for opinions on what you guys think would be the best replacement for it.

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby shanest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 am

Does your Eagle fly over or understable for you (i.e. is it relaly beat up)?
shanest
Noob

Postby pointdisc » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:09 pm

For me, at high speed it's just slightly understable, if at all, but becomes very overstable at the low speeds. I like the fligh patterns, but am looking for more distance with less overstableness at the end.

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby garublador » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:55 pm

How far can you throw the Eagle?

I'm a big fan of the Viking and IMO it's one of the straightest discs that's longer than the Eagle if you're looking for Champion plastic. Most stable/straight high speed drivers in candy plastic will have a noticeable fade at the end so you probably won't get around that. I have found the fade on the Viking to be easy to work with, though, nothing like the Monster.

I don't know my way around it all that well, but the Wildcat by Discraft may work too

Rumor has it that Millennium is coming out with another, longer driver also but I don't know much about it. I've heard it's a "longer JLS" but I don't know if that's true or not.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Blake_T » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:49 pm

the champ eagle has substantial fade, but in that weight it isn't impossible to turn. the heavier champ eagles fly more like banshees.

the only disc in the champ/z line that will probably have similar high speed stability and a lot less fade is the champ teebird. not sure if this disc is substantially longer.

champ valk or viking is probably the way to go for a bit more d as the orc is quite a bit more flippy but has substantially more fade. the beast will have similar fade but be quite a bit flippier.

the new pro starfire is very high speed stable but not in champ plastic.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: Eagle replacement

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:40 pm

pointdisc wrote:Hello, I'm looking to replace my CE Eagle with a CE disc that will get more distance of the tee. Currently throwing a 162g and would like to go up to about 172. Have thrown the monster and I'm not a fan of that. Was leaning towards a viking, but I'm looking for opinions on what you guys think would be the best replacement for it.

pd

Viking is a very good disc. I still throw a ce viking for straight D.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:01 am

Im not sure if youre still watching this topic, but i love the CE eagles still throw them. If youre not Partial to innova, for me the Z Avenger especially in a heigher weight flies a very similar pattern to the eagle, just 75-100' further.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:32 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:Im not sure if youre still watching this topic, but i love the CE eagles still throw them. If youre not Partial to innova, for me the Z Avenger especially in a heigher weight flies a very similar pattern to the eagle, just 75-100' further.

I'll second that. I actually prefer the x avenger, but I carry both. Also, I don' t know much about eagles.

But the description given earlier "high speed understable, low speed over stable" reminds me of an x cyclone though a clone is more high speed stable for me.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

avenger

Postby twmccoy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:15 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:Im not sure if youre still watching this topic, but i love the CE eagles still throw them. If youre not Partial to innova, for me the Z Avenger especially in a heigher weight flies a very similar pattern to the eagle, just 75-100' further.

Agreed. If you like the flight of the eagle or teebird, grab an X avenger. This disc flies just like them except it is faster and longer. I'm loving mine.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment