Postby zealot » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:24 pm

i warped 2 dx wraiths on full power drives

one tree
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby presidio hills » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:42 pm

yeah,
that makes sense. the ones with bigger rims got less beef in the flight plate... so they warp easier. too bad, i was hopin' the wraiths would hold up good in the "new" dx plastic.
i've experienced the dx orc phenomenon.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:43 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:
presidio hills wrote: I suppose Teebirds would be the same.

Teebirds are the best ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

badlands

Postby twmccoy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:30 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:I agree, the dx orc was not a bad disc, but it definately breaks in much faster than any other dx driver ive thrown.

You clear the pond from the pro tee pretty easily now? In the beginning of the summder (the first time I played badlands) It was a very intimidating hole, my D isnt really any better, but so much more consistant, thats almsot become one of my favorite holes now.

I don't play there much, but yeah, I can clear that lake easy with a beast or orc. Last time I threw there I put a champ orc into the top branches of the trees and it ended up right by the hole. One time I put a pro teebird right under that bridge to the right of the hole.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby OldTyme » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:32 am

I started w/ DX & probably should still throw it.

However, once I figured out Champ plastic holds their flight patterns longer I switched.
All my discs are Champ/Star except for my Wolf (which is broke in nicely & my right-turn disc (I'm surprised at the lack of Wolf use, what a great disc :) ))

Anyways. I like the fact hard plastic discs don't change that quickly so I'm confident when I throw I know what it will do (doesn't always work but it's throwing errors that cause weird flights, not the disc)

I don't have a big arm (300' is good) but I "think" I make up for that lack of arm with lighter discs. (?)

LIghtest is a 150 Star Valk, then 155 Champ Teebird, 158 Sidewinder, 164 Champ Valk, then a 170 Champ Eagle (just put the Eage back in for harder fade shots)
Oh I also have a 168 Q-JLS which I like. Flys like a Teebird for me without a big skip at the end.

Anyways. I do believe DX is what I should be throwing, but I like the fact that Champ lasts longer. I like buying discs, but don't like having too keep buying the same ones, break them in, re-learn them, etc.
OldTyme
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:12 am

I found that the old mold DX Beast beat in really well. It's too bad they don't make it anymore. I'd consider using it as my distance driver if they did.

I also find that wide rimmed drivers are the only discs that really have issues with beating in too fast. I have an E Spirit that broke in much faster than any midrange I've ever thrown. My S Illusion I got in April was good for a little while, but then it got too understable to be relyable by June and my year and a half old Element-X is perfectly beat and just won't get understable for me not matter what I hit. I've never had a Wizard get understable on me. The most broken in I've ever gotten one was to the point where I might consider it to be sort of broken in and that was after a year and a half of heavy use.

My solution so far has been to not throw high speed, wide rimmed drivers, but I'm going to experiment with the DX Valk a bit. If that doesn't work I may just have to go back to the X Avenger.
garublador
Disc Whore

Previous

Return to Equipment