need a maximum distance driver...which one?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

pro wraith, z flick, or elite xs?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:00 pm

pro wraith
100%
z flick
No votes

Total votes : 6

Postby Weebl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:54 am

A guy I play with only has 1 shot, a cannon sidearm with a Flick. He carries 5 flicks a Roc and a putter. Sure he can throw this thing easily 450'-475', but when accuracy counts, he can get in big trouble...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:22 pm

I bet he just has a monster arm huh? if youre throwing forehand a flick covers a bit of off axis torque, and if youre strong enough the flicks penetration will yield a bit of distance. However you would be able to throw much further applying that strength into good form with a disc that will glide.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:36 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:
Fritz wrote:Cale Leviska throws his flick hella far. In fact he says it's his longest driver.

I always thought it was weird they don't make an X-Flick. That might be cool.

Yeah the new Z-flicks in the bright green milky plastic and bright orange milky plastic feel like X.

I want to know why there are no X-Drones or Z-Drones.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:41 pm

my geuss isx and z plastic are probably too dense so that making a drone in these plastics would be too heavy
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Expo_Bill » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:35 am

I've been throwing 300 - 330 pretty consistently then I found this glaringly ugly bright pink DX 149g Beast in Terrys favorite stinkhole (expo #2) and suddenly started getting an extra 20 - 30 feet. I think the combination of a reasonably stable mold with a really light disc is matching my current arm strenght. It'll probably be a disaster in the wind at that weight but light weights do seem to allow me to get more distance as I've also been having a lot of luck with a 150 g champ Valkyrie (found in exactly the same part of the same lake.)
-grounded by flight - elevated by speed...
Expo_Bill
Noob

Postby adidadg » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:04 pm

Fritz wrote:I want to know why there are no X-Drones or Z-Drones.

I heard that because its such a big, bulky mould that it can not be produced in Z plastic and still meet weight requirements, it just turns out too heavy
adidadg

Postby deaddisc » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:07 pm

I bet he just has a monster arm huh? if youre throwing forehand a flick covers a bit of off axis torque, and if youre strong enough the flicks penetration will yield a bit of distance. However you would be able to throw much further applying that strength into good form with a disc that will glide.

I am a big supporter of the flick and I feel it gives me the huge forehand d that I need (no anny bh). Once you beat them in for a while they become perfect for a skinny s-curve on the forehand and get even more distance. I carry two, one brand new and one pretty beat.
On a side note I just got a star teerex (lightpink aweful) from discnation, and I am really excited to see how that thing flies on the forehand. I was ripping my star wraith but it broke in very quickly and now just turnsover on the rhfh.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

pink beast

Postby twmccoy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Expo_Bill wrote:I've been throwing 300 - 330 pretty consistently then I found this glaringly ugly bright pink DX 149g Beast in Terrys favorite stinkhole (expo #2) and suddenly started getting an extra 20 - 30 feet. I think the combination of a reasonably stable mold with a really light disc is matching my current arm strenght. It'll probably be a disaster in the wind at that weight but light weights do seem to allow me to get more distance as I've also been having a lot of luck with a 150 g champ Valkyrie (found in exactly the same part of the same lake.)

I think I sold that beast out there. The one you describe sounds like the magenta 149g DX beast I sold someone last year.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Granduter » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:17 am

i have a 150 flick that I love for backhand drives as well as sidearm. I agree that it is no max-d driver though
Granduter
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:57 am

z flick is not a max distance driver.

You want to be looking at the pro wraith, esp surge, and maybe millenium SOLF.

I like the pro wraith so far.

I do not have any expierience with it, but I'm told that the esp pulse is great for sidearm.

I found little use for my flick and traded it within 2 weeks for an avenger, I believe.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

flick

Postby twmccoy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Actually, the flick could be used as a distance driver by someone who has good distance. If you rip it hard and flat it will go almost as far as most distance drivers, and in about 1/3 of the time because it is so fast. If discraft ever made a domier one of these that is a little more understable they would have a monster on their hands.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:06 pm

usually a dome adds stability short term, bu then breaks in faster.
and wouldnt a less stable flick be a spectra?
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Previous

Return to Equipment