Strikerholics Anonymous

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Striker

Postby latitude » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:17 pm

seems like there's a lot of Striker love here

Hasn't until tomorrow owned one myself so had never get a chance to really test it out as much as I want to, althought seems great from the few throws I've done so far. Can't wait till I get my own :D
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 pm

disc junkie wrote:
optowesome wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:Can a striker handle a headwind at all or does it need something else with it for that? What would you have to go with it if you had to pick something?

I have a slightly different experience than above. My flat 171 could handle a headwind if give 15 degrees hyzer. The winds I was throwing in was about 10-15 mph with burst a little more. The striker penetrated surprisingly well and was going a straight line to a slight turnover and small fade. My throws were going 350ish and I normally throw it 380-390 in calm. It is not going to be amazing but it can handle some.

The reason I started this thread is to get the word out about this amazing disc that otherwise might not be well known because it is not a mainstream company.

I will agree with that also, what is strange is that my 171 is better into a headwind than my 175. The Striker can and will fly in a headwind and it will do it fairly well, but it will not forgive you of any form mistakes made.

For my throwing style/game I would just rather throw a disc that can handle the headwind in a more forgiving/consistent manner. I do have 400+ power but I also know how to tone it down for the disc.

**No matter what though, EVERYONE go buy a Stiker and you will NOT be disappointed because no matter what level you are at in this game the Striker can and will do something for you.**

X2 I'll throw mine into milder head winds with confidence but if its real wind i'll step up to the PD or XXX
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby zj1002 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:32 pm

you know these forums generate a decent chunk of change for these disc manufacturers. i would have never ordered a striker unless i read all this good stuff on these forums. all it takes is a few DGR members to get riled up about one disc and before you know it the whole community is throwing one. :D
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby optowesome » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:17 pm

I think I owe it to a smaller company like latitude 64. This really is a great disc. I am going to add something I would like to kind of poll on. I don't turn or flip mine very much...it is tiny flattened hyzer 3-5 degrees if any. My striker flies flat and fades. my distance is 380 on these throws. What are your experiences.?
optowesome
Tree Magnet

Postby ChUcK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:27 pm

I've only had a chance to throw mine for a couple of days now, but I think Lat64 may have created a goldmine, for their business and for players who need a TeeBird type disc but dislike Innova...

I usually don't throw new plastic during a tournament, but I ended up driving with my striker for 1/3 of the holes. It just kept doing exactly what I wanted it to do. I wish I could offer more technical observations, something more than "I really like the way this one flies!"
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby JimW » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:43 pm

koyok23 wrote:you know these forums generate a decent chunk of change for these disc manufacturers. i would have never ordered a striker unless i read all this good stuff on these forums. all it takes is a few DGR members to get riled up about one disc and before you know it the whole community is throwing one. :D

I would never have given L64's stuff a thought if I didn't hear good things about their products on here, now 6 out of the 10 discs in my bag are by them (Grip and Opto Vision, Striker, Core, Grip and Zero Spike if you're interested). The Opto is just magic, experienced players love it but it's a very novice-friendly premium plastic.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby Aaron_D » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 pm

I remember hearing all this about the solf for months and months on here. Tried it once and has been in the bag since. DGR'rs know a good disc when they see one.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby mzuleger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 am

ugh. I just bought one to see what all the hype is about... I hate you guys.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby disc junkie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:50 am

mzuleger wrote:ugh. I just bought one to see what all the hype is about... I hate you guys.

and then you are going to throw the Striker. And then youre going to run home jump online to tell all of your fellow DGRers how much you love us for hyping up the Striker cause its one of the sweetest discs you have ever thrown... :lol:
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby RS39 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 am

Ok, ok, I have a Riot and Core in my stack, and the Core might take the SMS spot...

So how does the Striker compare to the Discmania CD?
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:53 pm

mzuleger wrote:ugh. I just bought one to see what all the hype is about... I hate you guys.

I just bought 2 :(
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby RoomTenONine » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm holding out in hopes of a trade for one of these before I go out and buy some. Wink, wink, hint, hint.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 pm

RoomTenONine wrote:I'm holding out in hopes of a trade for one of these before I go out and buy some. Wink, wink, hint, hint.

hell yeah its the best FW driver ever!! let me trade you mine :wink: just go buy some, you may have to wait a bit to get a trade
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Does it need another fairway driver to compliment it or is it legit enough to be by itself?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:55 pm

rusch_bag wrote:Does it need another fairway driver to compliment it or is it legit enough to be by itself?

it needs something more stable to compliment it, i either step up to my Pred or PD if its windy or i need a harder fade, but there has not been even one hole where i wished i had an Eagle instead, its almost ridiculous how many drives i use this thing for now, WAY more than i ever threw my Eagles
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment