Strikerholics Anonymous

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Striker

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
Bangrrr Bob wrote:So from what I have read so far, this disc is basically between a JLS and a TeeBird stability wise, but longer??

that sums it up nicely

I'm currently using the TB and QJLS combo for my fairway shots. I'm wondering if this will replace both or just the TB slot. Hmmmmmm.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby emiller3 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:03 am

Confound it people, I'm happy with my Teebirds! If this disc is actually 30ft longer, though, then I'd probably keep both in the bag. This thread keeps popping up and I keep going over to discgolfcenter and putting one in my cart but haven't pulled the trigger...must...resist...

Any recommendations on color or weight if I want a less stable one? Maybe this disc is actually consistently produced and I don't need to worry about that.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JKP » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 am

all the ones ive tossed have about the same stability.. id go lighter weight, shave the flash and throw it into a few trees.. it'll be less stable then :twisted:
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 am

mine should arrive today, can't wait to test it out. this disc should hopefully eliminate the 5 teebirds and 1 TL. plan on dropping down to 2 dx teebirds, 11x kc pro teebird, and the striker. also getting a timberwolf but from what i gather that might be a situational disc based on the course
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby emiller3 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 am

koyok23 wrote:mine should arrive today, can't wait to test it out. this disc should hopefully eliminate the 5 teebirds and 1 TL. plan on dropping down to 2 dx teebirds, 11x kc pro teebird, and the striker. also getting a timberwolf but from what i gather that might be a situational disc based on the course

I'd be interested in a comparison of the Striker with your 11x kc pro.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 am

emiller3 wrote:
koyok23 wrote:mine should arrive today, can't wait to test it out. this disc should hopefully eliminate the 5 teebirds and 1 TL. plan on dropping down to 2 dx teebirds, 11x kc pro teebird, and the striker. also getting a timberwolf but from what i gather that might be a situational disc based on the course

I'd be interested in a comparison of the Striker with your 11x kc pro.

mmm guess it wont be here today, but I will def get an update on how the 2 compare
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby adamschneider » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
Bangrrr Bob wrote:So from what I have read so far, this disc is basically between a JLS and a TeeBird stability wise, but longer??

that sums it up nicely

Wouldn't that basically make it a TL?
adamschneider
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 164g Halo

Postby latitude » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Tried this one out really much today. Man this thing is wickedawsome, I've never seen any other disc flying as much alike a 9/10x kc teebird as this thing does, will buy a few more I tell you :D
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:12 pm

optowesome wrote:
JR wrote:
optowesome wrote:I don't know what people are talking about flippy? I throw it 380 and pushed it to somewhere around 430(the hole length is accurate, but the tees were muddy so I had to drive from the street 25 feet back) on a couple pulls today in a slight right to left wind. I got basically the same flight, straight, straight, straight, late fade. The 430ish did track a bit, but I was throwing with basically no hyzer( less than 5 degrees). This thing is not flippy, but is really workable for some reason. I made of a hole that was a sweeping anyhyzer that has the hole tucked in a small hyzer, 2nd time I played it..parked..first time I messed up the thinnest tree in the middle of the fairway. I love this I can't wait to try a domey one.

How many RPMs do have on the disc? Not easy to tell without high speed camera but would you characterize yourself as a snap or speed dominated thrower?

Those that have thrown Strikers and CDs which fades more and how much and am I correct in assuming that the CD needs more power to fly without fading?

I don't know if I am snap or speed dominant. I can tell you I don't like high speed drivers and I don't have nose up issues. Thus the striker is perfect.

What do you mean by nose up? Is the Striker more nose angle sensitive than a TB? TB for me is among the least nose angle sensitive drivers although not the most.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby coldy13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

I don't think the striker is any more nose angle sensitive than a teebird. It's just slightly more sensitive than my champ leopards. The hss was inbetween my 162 and 175 SOLF, with the same or slightly less fade as the 162.
Sinus AP-Magic-River-XXX-Striker-Vision-Halo
coldy13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: striker

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Hells bells, I bought one. I hope you are all right about this one (I know you are).
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby dgdave » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Am I the only one who didn't keep this in the bag as either their primary FW driver or to compliment it?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is one of the best discs to come out in some time. I just am super confident with my TBs.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby coldy13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Maybe my TB's were weird ones, I've only had 1 dx and 1 champ, both 171. I liked them, but they didn't have enough LSS, when I thew them straight sometimes they would fade right, sometimes left, occasionally straight. The striker for me is easier to keep on the line I want.
coldy13
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Were those TB new? I've thrown hundreds of TBs and I'd say 95%+ flew just about the same.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby coldy13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah, they were new, but it was over a year ago, I beat the DX to death using it as a turnover/anny driver, but traded the champ to a friend after a couple months. I only tried them a couple times backhand, I've been able to throw 375-400' sidearm for almost 5 years, but only caught up with my backhand in distance this past year after reading this site, still working on consistency.
coldy13
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment