Strikerholics Anonymous

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Striker

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:20 pm

I just got mine and don't really have time to test them out before when I want to throw them so I am counting on you guys. Right now I have a new SEX, new star teebird, beat star teebird, and a thrashed dx eagle-x in my bag. What am I going to be able to drop with these?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:59 pm

rusch_bag wrote:I just got mine and don't really have time to test them out before when I want to throw them so I am counting on you guys. Right now I have a new SEX, new star teebird, beat star teebird, and a thrashed dx eagle-x in my bag. What am I going to be able to drop with these?

just to test em out id drop everything but the new SEX for wind or more workability
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Luke » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:01 pm

All of you all talking it up.

I had to order one just for testing, but I don't see how this is going to take away from tee birds.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 am

coldy13 wrote:I don't think the striker is any more nose angle sensitive than a teebird. It's just slightly more sensitive than my champ leopards. The hss was inbetween my 162 and 175 SOLF, with the same or slightly less fade as the 162.

Wow! Which is longer and by how much SOLF or Striker? Based on descriptions I'd imagine about equally long. Latitude may have a winner here because SOLF is great but a bit more nose angle sensitive than a TB. Dang despite overlap to TB, TL, Assassin, Timberwolf, Leo, CD, SOLF and SOLS on some lines I just might "have" to get one to try. You guys cost me money!!!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discspeed » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:35 am

Yeah, its like a support group of enablers... :lol:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby inthedrift » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 am

Definitely...I had to order one myself a couple days ago. I already have too many Teebirds, TLs, Gazelles, Leopards, etc....oh well though. Another driver is always fun to check out.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby floppydisc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:13 pm

I had to buy a striker to try it out after reading about the love for it here...
So i got a 174g (the heaviest i could find). I was surprised to see it not turning at all, and fighting a headwind very well. I expected a disc that would turn, go far, and come back at the end. But for me it is just a very stable and straight disc with a small beautiful and predictable fade. More hss than a champ teebird, more like a star teebird, into a headwind. Threw it almost 330 feet into a headwind, both the champ teebird and champ orc turned over, but this one went almost straight. I think it is more nose sensitive than a teebird, a sharper profile and wider rim. Curious to throw it on more lines, and in lighter weights... And it will be interesting to see how it breaks in! Finally I like it, and the opto plastic is just lovely... :)
floppydisc
Noob

Postby dgdave » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:25 pm

No offense, but if you're flipping a champ TB and its only going 330, somethings going on. Maybe a freak TB or Striker or form. Not sure.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:47 pm

floppydisc wrote:I had to buy a striker to try it out after reading about the love for it here...
So i got a 174g (the heaviest i could find). I was surprised to see it not turning at all, and fighting a headwind very well. I expected a disc that would turn, go far, and come back at the end. But for me it is just a very stable and straight disc with a small beautiful and predictable fade. More hss than a champ teebird, more like a star teebird, into a headwind. Threw it almost 330 feet into a headwind, both the champ teebird and champ orc turned over, but this one went almost straight. I think it is more nose sensitive than a teebird, a sharper profile and wider rim. Curious to throw it on more lines, and in lighter weights... And it will be interesting to see how it breaks in! Finally I like it, and the opto plastic is just lovely... :)

does your striker have dome? my 176 clear one has a little pop in the top and is a bit more stable than my 170 flat merlot one
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby eg37167 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:02 pm

I finally got a chance to throw my striker today. Add me to the 'fan-boy' category, I really like this disc in the 8 holes I got to play before 'Invasion of the local club doubles' (a rant for another thread).

That is some fantastic plastic! Love the feel, the grip. Felt right in my hand, hard to explain. Now I need a backup!
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby zj1002 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm

get mine tomorrow! sadly rain is coming...boo
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby masterbeato » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 pm

omg dude i was demoing this disc today with Blake and this disc kicks ass....as Blake says and i agree "Teebird on steroids!" before there was no disc like a teebird, but this one is, but it is on crack. i might have to replace them T's with this thing man because i can throw it farther and it still has that control! :D

but yet i am afraid of it straightening out when i want to hyzer it.

i am really liking the Z Force also and that XXX is crazy HSS too. feels like a firebird but more stable.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Luke » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:20 pm

It's a Teebird with a bigger diameter if you ask me.

I like the Teebird better, still. However, the opto plastic is gnarly. That stuff is right.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby emiller3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 am

Still haven't bought one but, how long is the Striker compared to everyone's distance drivers?
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby disc junkie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:22 am

emiller3 wrote:Still haven't bought one but, how long is the Striker compared to everyone's distance drivers?

I was throwing my Strikers as Long as my Wraiths in the football field two days ago. (400+ feet)

Of course that was not in a headwind. It was a calm day and when I was throwing them compared to my Wraiths they were either equally as long or 10-15 ft. shorter.

The Striker really is an Amazing disc....for everyone.

BUY ONE NOW
Last edited by disc junkie on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment