Gateway Plastic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Fritz » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 am

Weebl wrote:What's a double beaded scream?... super-bead, like an X-2?

The double beaded scream DT has the dimples on the dome part of the disc as well as the rim. It's a very interesting disc.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby bigs348 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:46 am

Fritz wrote:

The double beaded scream DT has the dimples on the dome part of the disc as well as the rim. It's a very interesting disc.

No, the Double Beaded Scream has no dimples. There is the Scream DT with dimples on the underside of the wing, and then the Scream DT Max and Ultra (I don't remember which is which), one with just dimples on top, and one with dimples on both top and bottom.

The double-beaded Scream has no dimples, but has two beads along the bottom edge. Supposedly, one beat is to keep it from turning over, and the other is to keep it in the air. I haven't thrown it yet, but it's supposedly fairly overstable and it's much diffferet feeling that the original Scream, even apart from the beads.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:23 am

bigs348 wrote:
Fritz wrote:

No, the Double Beaded Scream has no dimples. There is the Scream DT with dimples on the underside of the wing, and then the Scream DT Max and Ultra (I don't remember which is which), one with just dimples on top, and one with dimples on both top and bottom.

The double-beaded Scream has no dimples, but has two beads along the bottom edge. Supposedly, one beat is to keep it from turning over, and the other is to keep it in the air. I haven't thrown it yet, but it's supposedly fairly overstable and it's much diffferet feeling that the original Scream, even apart from the beads.

Oh, guess I misunderstood David when I talked to him on the phone. My bad, thanks for clearing that up :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Weebl » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:38 am

ohrly?
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Craig » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:55 am

I've thrown my DT Speed Demon a few time on my course, and I just can't figure out what kind of shot iw ould use this disc for (other than in hurricane winds). If I had a sharp left turn, i wouldn't use thius disc, because it has no glide. Once it starts hyzering, it just dives straight into the ground, so it doesn't go that far left.

Anybody else use a speed demon? What shots would I use it for?
Craig
Tree Magnet

Postby superq » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:07 pm

I use it Sd not the DT for sharp hyzer shots where I do not want a skip... I only have one dt left since I lost the other one on the first shot I ever threw with it.

If I want a skip I use a e spirit, if you have never seen one of these suckas skip you are missing out, I throw it 10-12 feet off the ground hard and flat and it will skip forward and left about 15-20 feet from where it hits... works great if you know it skips about 70% as high as it was so 8 feet sends it chain high skipping at the unit.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Previous

Return to Equipment