Gateway Plastic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Fritz » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:24 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
daevidcardiac wrote:id just go with the s sabre...i like the 844's

second, s sabres are best, 844s were the best of the best, but I would take any s sabre over an E

I agree with dk here.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:29 am

Jones wrote:I have an E Sabre that is really soft and you can bend it pretty easily. The plastic feels really great, but it doesn't feel like Z or Champ plastic at all. It is almost like a stronger S plastic. When I have bad tree hits, I can bend it back to its original shape. Is this a new type of E plastic?

E has always been a bit like that, especially the Evo Proline plastics, kinda like star or esp, only been around a while longer ;-)

E Sabres are good discs, I used one a while, b ut then I realized the s sabres were more reliable, longer, straighterand I just used them more
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Jones » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:38 am

The plastic feels good, I wish all of my discs were in that plastic. Are the E wizards in that kind of plastic? I use an S medium for driving and approaches but it takes hits sometimes. I was thinking about trying one in E.
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby garublador » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:36 am

Jones wrote:The plastic feels good, I wish all of my discs were in that plastic. Are the E wizards in that kind of plastic? I use an S medium for driving and approaches but it takes hits sometimes. I was thinking about trying one in E.

I wouldn't worry about your S Wizards losing stability with tree hits. They may look worse, but I've never had a Wizard beat to the point of being understable. They just seem to get a bit longer as they beat in.

The E Wizard I have is floppier than a Supersoft and I find it is harder to control than an S Wizard. I encourage you to try one, some people really like them, but I don't think you need the added durability.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby superq » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:39 am

I may have a small stack of 844's if the price is right : )
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:26 am

IMO Stay away from the E wizards. the S Wizard is the best wizard. Personally I like to use the Soft as my putter and the Medium as my driver. Max weight of course.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Solty » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:25 am

i only use the E wizards......and i have no complaints!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:39 am

mikesolt wrote:i only use the E wizards......and i have no complaints!

Really? I always found them to be too slick, more so when they got wet.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Solty » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 am

i use an beat E wizard for wet weather....but i always dry my disc between throws as well
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Jones » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:53 pm

I'm not really worried about them losing stability mainly, but my first wizard, a 172 Soft, took tree hits hard and the top part of the flight plates warped where it wasn't flat all the way around. The disc doesn't feel right in my hand anymore, so I replaced it with another 173 Soft, but I don't want it to happen again. I tried bending it and sitting books and other heavy items on the flight plate and sandwiching it, but nothing has worked yet.

I added a Medium for driving and hard throws hoping to curb the effect with hopefully a more durable Wizard. I was just wondering if I should invest in an E Wizard for added warping or bending durability. I love the feel of the S plastic though.
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby presidio hills » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:21 pm

i think certain runs of the s wizards are less durable than others. weebl showed me one once that was a medium, but it was super warped and the plastic felt rubbery and soft.
the latest runs are all pretty stiff and nice. i like the mediums the best... they feel great and fly great. takes a little getting used to if you're not used to stiff putters, though.

the e wizard i have feels like old CE plastic... really nice. it's pretty soft and flips a lot easier than my S. it reminds me of a champion aviar. i prefer the S plastic, though, for sure. plenty durable, too.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby daevidcardiac » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm

yeah, i found a supersoft that is as floppy as a gumputt
yuk
daevidcardiac
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:59 pm

yeah, those great feeling midnight wizards like to crack :-( (love em, but broke my only two!)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:yeah, those great feeling midnight wizards like to crack :-( (love em, but broke my only two!)

I wonder if it has to do with how hot they get in the light and the rapid cool down. I cracked 1 of the 2 I had, and Scott cracked all 3 of his. One of them cracked when it hit the chains.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:30 pm

one of mine I understand I was throing a big anny with the wind, so it was moving, and hit a tree, the other cracked in the chains on a jump putt. It may be from heat, but havent had that problem w/ any other wizards including other black wizards.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment