quality bag

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

quality bag

Postby swel304 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:19 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the durability of the of the delux innova bag like this one (that I just purchased)
http://cgi.ebay.com/QUALITY-INNOVA-DELU ... dZViewItem
I had got the innova starter bag about 2 months ago and I wouldnt reccomend it as mine is already coming apart. I do play about 4 rounds a week but I would guess that for anyone playing enough to want a bag it wouldnt last. I have a friend that only plays about once a week, I will probly just give it (or whats left of it rather) to him.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:16 pm

Unless they've changed the construction, it will not hold up long. That's the one I bought after my Innova tour bag or whatever it's called tore up, and it didn't last muchlonger. It's good for a year to a year and a half. Start saving up for a Revolution bag, unless you absolotely must have the Innova logo on your bag.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:12 pm

I got that bag now with quadshocks. I have heard that the stichings will come out after a while. Its been fine for me so far although ive only had it for 3 or 4 months. I figure when this when breaks down ill splurge and get a revolution.
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby swel304 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:31 pm

I met a guy on the course today that had this bag and it looked ok but he hadnt had it long either. I think it will hold up longer than the 2 months ive gotten out of the starter bag. Next year would be good, maybe then I can afford the crazy expensive one. These things seem a bit pricey for a bag.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:00 pm

I have alittle over a year on my bag, the inside ripped some, but structrally they hold up as well as you treat them. (dont overstuff, or toss around too much, and you should be ok, I may be wrong)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Gorilla Boy disc golf bags anyone? I just ordered his large version(tour), in Blue with Marigold Yellow trim.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:30 am

Ive only heard good things about gorillas bags, my next bag is gunna be either that or a revo
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Re: quality bag

Postby krusen » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:50 am

swel304 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the durability of the of the delux innova bag like this one (that I just purchased)
http://cgi.ebay.com/QUALITY-INNOVA-DELU ... dZViewItem
I had got the innova starter bag about 2 months ago and I wouldnt reccomend it as mine is already coming apart. I do play about 4 rounds a week but I would guess that for anyone playing enough to want a bag it wouldnt last. I have a friend that only plays about once a week, I will probly just give it (or whats left of it rather) to him.

I ordered one from that same guy this spring. I carry 15 discs in mine, and it got SOAKED on the 2nd tourney I played with it. I probably average a 2 rounds per week, and I haven't noticed any defects yet. I don't think you can go wrong for the money.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby Luckyg71 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:55 am

The guy that you bought it form is great, very fast shipper. But I didnt like the bag. The inside of mine ripped in the first year. I wouldnt recommend carring too many discs in it.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:22 am

Most of us do overstuff our bags, and that's one of the reasons they don't hold up. But, I still have to recommend a revolution bag.

Everything about the bag says quaility; the frame is also great, and I don't think I will ever use a bag without a frame.

It is very expensive at 124 (what I paid), but it is worth a couple of months or even a year of saving. I started putting 10 bucks aside every month and added an extra 10 or so if I had some money come my way, and I was able to buy mine in 6 months. The way I saw it: I was spending 40-60 bucks every 6 months to a year. That's 80-120 bucks or so in a year; my revolution has already lasted longer than that for about the same.

Most of us are 100 percent disc junkies anyway, so why not splurge. You deserve it!

p.s. I don't work for Revolution.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Luckyg71 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:38 am

I just got the Blue and Gray Revo Carolina bag too. I love it. Well worth the money.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:45 pm

do gorilla boy bags have quad shocks and/or frames?
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:19 pm

are bags come with a single shoulder strap conected with carabiner clips, and our medium and large bag have a 4 point setup for quad shocks but they dont come with quad shocks and also have a frame
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Return to Equipment