150 Lovers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 pm

JohnnyBee wrote:I have been trying out the new MVP drivers that they have released in the 150 class. Loving the Switch so far, and have had good luck FH with the Servo. I'm auditioning the Tesla's to try out against my healthy stack of SPDs, and they do seem similar, but need to invest more time with them head to head. The Inertia is puzzling at times, had some beautiful throws and quite a few turn and burns, still trying to find the happy medium with it. Gonna keep the Valks around still.

I've often wondered how a 150class bag would do. I've actually thought about making one,but have yet to.

Good to know MVP makes em now that's really cool right there. :D
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JohnnyBee » Thu May 01, 2014 6:36 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
JohnnyBee wrote:I have been trying out the new MVP drivers that they have released in the 150 class. Loving the Switch so far, and have had good luck FH with the Servo. I'm auditioning the Tesla's to try out against my healthy stack of SPDs, and they do seem similar, but need to invest more time with them head to head. The Inertia is puzzling at times, had some beautiful throws and quite a few turn and burns, still trying to find the happy medium with it. Gonna keep the Valks around still.

I've often wondered how a 150class bag would do. I've actually thought about making one,but have yet to.

It is a lot of fun. I do occasionally do an all 150 bag, helps to make sure everything is smooth.

I am all 150 all the time for my drivers, mids and putters are in the 166-172 range. That seems to be my happy medium right now. I was told that Legacy is supposed to be releasing some 150 class this year since I see your bag shows that, so if you do try it, it helps to have the familiar molds.
PD / Valkryie / Teebird / Eagle L / Leopard /Comet / Tensor / Tangent / Anode / Zone
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:40 pm

JohnnyBee wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:

It is a lot of fun. I do occasionally do an all 150 bag, helps to make sure everything is smooth.

I am all 150 all the time for my drivers, mids and putters are in the 166-172 range. That seems to be my happy medium right now. I was told that Legacy is supposed to be releasing some 150 class this year since I see your bag shows that, so if you do try it, it helps to have the familiar molds.

Nice man. I bet a 150 Rival and Patriot would be nice. :D
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JohnnyBee » Thu May 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Yeah I would probably give a Patriot and Rival a try in 150 because I'm a sucker for the 150's.
PD / Valkryie / Teebird / Eagle L / Leopard /Comet / Tensor / Tangent / Anode / Zone
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:12 am

I had 150 class champ Leopard and champ Teebird in the bag for awhile, for fairway shots where I would have poor footing and couldn't get as much on the throw as I normally do. As long as the stability is there, there's nothing wrong with using lightweight discs, IMO. Except for Blizzard junk...IMO.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Equipment