150 Lovers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby FHthrower » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Monocacy wrote:
FHthrower wrote:How do you feel "gummies" hold up? The one gummy I had had(a Helios EGR 'Gummy') was destroyed on the first impact, totally warped. Regular Helios EGR are holding up okay.

Champion plastic generally holds up very well, but last weekend was my first experience with "gummy" Champion. I hope to bounce a few drives off trees next weekend, which should provide some insight into durability.

I have not thrown Helios, so I can’t compare plastics.

Well, I have no doubt that Champion Gummy will hold up much better than Snap's EGR gummy, which is really just low grade batches that they decided to market that way instead of rejecting them.
Is Frank Serious?
FHthrower
Feed Me Seymour!

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:35 pm

this needs a bump. i'm really getting into 150 discs. i have been throwing 150 teebirds for sometime and just got some flat 150 champ firebirds.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby bill » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 pm

jsun3thousand wrote:this needs a bump. i'm really getting into 150 discs. i have been throwing 150 teebirds for sometime and just got some flat 150 champ firebirds.

try a 150 s-pd. loads of fun.

a 150 firebird has to be cool.

i had to lay off the 150 stuff. it was messing up my timing with heavier discs, or vice versa. it may be better to go all or nothing with 150 weights.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Monocacy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

jsun3thousand wrote:this needs a bump. i'm really getting into 150 discs. i have been throwing 150 teebirds for sometime and just got some flat 150 champ firebirds.

150 Teebirds are amazing discs. I did not realize that they made 150 Champ Firebirds, so thanks for posting that (even though I am pretty happy with the 150 Champ Banshee).

bill wrote:i had to lay off the 150 stuff. it was messing up my timing with heavier discs, or vice versa. it may be better to go all or nothing with 150 weights.

Possibly. All of my drivers are 150s, but I throw 165 – 168 gram putters and may switch back to 160s for midranges (at least for FH). 150 drivers and 160s mids/putters “feel” similar when I throw them, probably because more of a driver’s weight is on the rim compared with putters and midranges.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:43 pm

i'm hoping the 150 firebirds will have a similar flight as my super beat star firebird that I have had for almost four years.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby jaydub803 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm

I got a new 150 dx shark the other day to play one disc games and work on my form with. This one is sooooo flat on top. It looks like my max weight star sharks in profile and feels (and so far is) a lot more durable than my other dx mids. Anyway, this disc is so nice for what I wanted but I am putting it in the bag too. The other domey 150 sharks I have are very understable no matter what, but I can throw this disc so far up a hill standing still and get anything from a strong hyzer up to probably 150' (that won't last long I know) to a s curve to a good long anhyzer. Made a lot more angles and was more shapeable with less height than any putter I have. This has definitely turned me on to keeping some lighter discs. I want to find a 150 champ shark now and also try a light roc and some others. I have a 150's eagle that rocks, its about dead though. ALmost all the short discs I throw are max weight and the longer discs are 162-170.
Build a bag a day and keep the boredom at bay!
jaydub803
Noob

Favorite Disc: champion shark

Postby Dookville » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:38 am

I put a 150 DX Shark (Dome) in my bag around Christmas. This has been the most fun, workable disc that I have found in a long time. I was looking for something that i could work left and right in tight areas at short distance that didn't have a lot of weight to it. I got this and more. If thrown on a hard hyzer it will flip up turn and fade out to about 200'. I use it to work around trees, on short approaches, and even long putts. I like htat it is so light that when it hits the ground on approach it doesnt even move the grass, it just stops. If the wind is blowing, I leave it in the truck.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:28 pm

would any of you 150 dudes be interested in a 11x kc pro gazelle in gummy champ plastic.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby jaydub803 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Well, depends on what you are interested in I suppose... I wouldn't leave one on the ground but I wouldn't go sucking any one off for it either. Perhaps if we met in the middle around a 2010 innova xmas disc, or at most if yours is nice i might add or offer something else or cash.
Build a bag a day and keep the boredom at bay!
jaydub803
Noob

Favorite Disc: champion shark

Postby fanter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 am

I've never thrown a 150 before. Are they manageable enough to keep a couple 150 molds in the bag at all times? Obviously they'd be more susceptible to wind, and they'd require less power to throw which would make them good for shots in tight situations. Could I expect a lighter weight of say...an Eagle to fly farther than a heavier one?
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 am

fanter wrote:I've never thrown a 150 before. Are they manageable enough to keep a couple 150 molds in the bag at all times? Obviously they'd be more susceptible to wind, and they'd require less power to throw which would make them good for shots in tight situations. Could I expect a lighter weight of say...an Eagle to fly farther than a heavier one?
The distance depends on a lot of things, but 150 class discs are definitely manageable enough to keep them full time. After all in Japan everything else is banned.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby dehaas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:05 pm

i've got my hands on a few 150 class 11x kc pro teebirds lately and am surprised at how stable they are for the weight. i'm not really sure where they will fit into my bag at the moment, but they are definitely fun to throw. i'm just getting into throwing s pds, a 150 class would be pretty sweet i would imagine.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby Dookville » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 pm

I keep a 150 Champ Leopard and 150 DX Shark in my bag full time. They do require a hyzer flip to launch them, but the Shark at least is friendly at lower speeds working around objects. I have never checked the distance on the Leopard, but the Shark is good out to 200' for me. The Leopard I can finnese in the wind but the Shark stays in the bag with any wind stronger than a fart.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby jubuttib » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

I was surprised how well the somewhat beat 150 class D-MD1s we used at Meresmaa's clinic flew. Didn't really seem much different from my regular weight D-MD1s. Plenty HSS with a good release.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby marmoset » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 pm

I hear similar statements all the time.
"I was surprised how well the 150 class *insert disc name here* flew. Didn't really seem much different from my regular weight *insert disc name here*"

But that is, of course, assuming the thrower has decent technique.
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment