ESP Predator vs Z Predator

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ESP Predator vs Z Predator

Postby tonymccallie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:40 am

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for some time. You guys have really helped my game! I have a question though. I play in Southwest Kansas where wind is a *huge* factor every day. I have an X Predator, but think I would like something more overstable. I didn't really care for the Champion Firebird. My question is this, has anyone thrown both the ESP and Z Predator, and if so, which was more overstable? I know the two are pretty similar, I'm just having a hard time choosing which one to get.

Thanks in advance.

Tony
tonymccallie
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:16 am

I'm glad you started this thread. I have a z predator and am trying to decide if I want to try the esp. I'm also curious about the esp crush.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:32 pm

I've been throwing the Z Predator for about 4 months now, and I just had an ESP given to me a few weeks ago. I haven't thrown it much, but enough to compare. It's definitely grippier than the Z plastic, especailly in the rain. It seems to be just as overstable, and perhaps slightly longer, than my Z Predator, but it seems like it will beat up a lot faster. I think for headwinds and big hyzers I might start using the ESP, but stick to the Z for thumbers, forehand rollers, and most skip shots just because it'll hold up so much better.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Rooster » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:19 pm

the ESP is just ever so slightly more overstable. barely even noticable.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 pm

but the esp will break in faster, and max overstable discs may be the only one you dont want to break in too fast.

I am waiting to try a ESP pred, I like my broken in z preds most, so it may work for me. I have a feeling if I play at lower elevations I would like them more new.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby tonymccallie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:56 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Considering there's only $.50 difference with the sale at GGGT, I'm thinking the ESP sounds perfect for me. I love the grip of my ESP Avenger and If the ESP Predator is that close to the Z Predator, that should fill my overstable need nicely!

Thanks again, Tony

BTW... are all the ESP's and Z's that similar? An ESP Buzzz is looking nice too, and I love my Z Buzzz.........
Pastor Tony McCallie
Avengers, Predators, Cyclones, Buzzz's, & Banger GT's
'There are 10 types of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.'
tonymccallie
Noob

Postby Rooster » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:54 am

most are pretty darn close. Keith from discraft told me the concensus is that ESP always flies a touch more overstable than its Z brother.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Equipment