Temp Replacement for a KC PRo Roc

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Temp Replacement for a KC PRo Roc

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:23 am

Ok so I lost my last KC PRo roc yeaterday at Badlands and until I can replace it I need a replacement. My Choices are:

1. Special Blend Roc
2. CE Roc

Which of those would be the better replace emtn for the KC PRo Roc.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby superq » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:36 am

the ce and sb are both a lot softer than the KC pro plastic...

you would probally be better off with a DX if you are used to the stiffness, if you want distance and less stability go sb if you want more control and more stability go CE.
superq
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:15 am
Location: Waiting
Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby deaddisc » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:21 pm

Also, it depends on how broken in the KC pro was. At extremely broken in they are a nice straight midrange, sometimes flip over if given wrong angle. If this was the case then Id go with the SB. If it was relatively new and used for somewhat overstable-straight shots then use the CE.
IMO
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:11 pm
Location: Worcester

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:29 pm

deaddisc wrote:Also, it depends on how broken in the KC pro was. At extremely broken in they are a nice straight midrange, sometimes flip over if given wrong angle. If this was the case then Id go with the SB. If it was relatively new and used for somewhat overstable-straight shots then use the CE.
IMO


It was beat in, but still slightly overstable then my other DX rocs. I liekd to use the KC PRo in headwinds and where I needed a nice Hyzer fade.

thanks for your suggestions.
It's jsut been so long since I've thrown my SB and CE Rocs I forgot what they did.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby RustyP » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:07 pm

Not sure if this will be of any help, but if you're looking to replicate the softer feel of a broken in KC Roc, check out Discgolfvalues.com. They have 2 different KCs: the regular,stiff run and a soft run. I bought one of the soft ones a while back , and out of the box it behaves a little more like a broken-in roc...nice and straight with a little fade at the end.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Lorch Park, doing sign-ups...
Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Fritz wrote:
deaddisc wrote:Also, it depends on how broken in the KC pro was. At extremely broken in they are a nice straight midrange, sometimes flip over if given wrong angle. If this was the case then Id go with the SB. If it was relatively new and used for somewhat overstable-straight shots then use the CE.
IMO


It was beat in, but still slightly overstable then my other DX rocs. I liekd to use the KC PRo in headwinds and where I needed a nice Hyzer fade.

thanks for your suggestions.
It's jsut been so long since I've thrown my SB and CE Rocs I forgot what they did.


Sounds like you want the ce since it is more overstable. Is there any reason you can't get another KC? I'm not a roc man, just curious why you are looking at alternatives. I believe KC are still available from some distributers.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: south Texas

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:41 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:
Fritz wrote:
deaddisc wrote:Also, it depends on how broken in the KC pro was. At extremely broken in they are a nice straight midrange, sometimes flip over if given wrong angle. If this was the case then Id go with the SB. If it was relatively new and used for somewhat overstable-straight shots then use the CE.
IMO


It was beat in, but still slightly overstable then my other DX rocs. I liekd to use the KC PRo in headwinds and where I needed a nice Hyzer fade.

thanks for your suggestions.
It's jsut been so long since I've thrown my SB and CE Rocs I forgot what they did.


Sounds like you want the ce since it is more overstable. Is there any reason you can't get another KC? I'm not a roc man, just curious why you are looking at alternatives. I believe KC are still available from some distributers.


Just don't have the time to go buy one and I need something for tonights Tag Match :lol:
I won't be able to get to a store that has them until later in the week.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Weebl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:23 pm

If that's the case, use the one that looks better. They'll both fade into a headwind, the SB may need some hyzer though.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:01 pm

Fritz wrote:
Just don't have the time to go buy one and I need something for tonights Tag Match :lol:
I won't be able to get to a store that has them until later in the week.


Where are you going to find one locally? I geuss my question is: other than wright life who carries SB and CE rocs?, or do you just have em laying around?

and my advice (too late) would be play w/ out it and throw the discs you already know
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:24 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
Fritz wrote:
Just don't have the time to go buy one and I need something for tonights Tag Match :lol:
I won't be able to get to a store that has them until later in the week.


Where are you going to find one locally? I geuss my question is: other than wright life who carries SB and CE rocs?, or do you just have em laying around?

and my advice (too late) would be play w/ out it and throw the discs you already know


I have 3 CE and 4 SB and 2 Star Rocs but I dont' normally throw them.
Normally I'd do without, but teh KC Pro roc is one of my main midranges. I've been noticing lately my game I've been using a lot more midranges then drivers.

For the record I threw the CE Roc and it acted like a brand new KC Pro. Which is what I wanted, specailly tonight at Westy in that nasty rain and wind. But on a good note I took the low tag so it's all good :)

The QMS actually was my best midrange tongiht.

Good news tho, a guy called me tonight to tell me he had my KC Pro roc! And he'd get it back to me tomorrow when he's out at Badlands. :) w00t!
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:35 pm

not bad, I sadly have been SO buisy with school and work (and selling my car, which was accomplished, deal goes down wed) that I havent played in 3 days, and I walk through the course a couple times a day! :evil: oh well I have time tomorrow, I am cought up on ceramics and painting ;-) (studio is so time consuming, but I would rather spend 6 hours doing ceramics than 2 hours writing a paper i dont care about)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby GetMuddy350 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 am

Z Wasp.
GetMuddy350
Noob
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:58 am

Postby Fritz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:40 pm

GetMuddy350 wrote:Z Wasp.


1. I don't throw discraft
2. Wasp wasn't an option :)

But it's all good, the guy found my disc and is returning it to me today :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS


Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests