The Gospel of the PD

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby PMantle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 am

Crosseyed0811 wrote:
PMantle wrote:Do you guys find Discmania stuff locally or is there a lot of ordering just based on reviews? I ask because all I can see/feel locally(within 2 hours) here is Discraft, Innova and a small amount of Millennium.

Anywhere that has Innova should be able to carry Discmania too... Its up to the dealer, but last I saw they were both on the same order forms. Everywhere around here that carries Innova carries Discmania as well, including the Innova warehouse :P

I only have Academy and Wal-mart for Innova. Our Hastings carries Discraft, and I found a Champion Rhyno there. No idea how that happened.

I do not know how the Academy decides which molds to stock. I know the manager plays. I hope they start adding things as this sport takes off here. Our 3 courses are not even a year old.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby keltik » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 am

Most of the PIASs here in North and South Carolina tend to carry Discmania. That is probably facilitated by the partnership with Innova and Innova East warehouse being in Rock Hill SC (near Charlotte).
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Glow PDs for the EU this year. I'm hoping they are flat as a board. Otherwise I'm less interested.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 pm

PMantle wrote:
Crosseyed0811 wrote:
PMantle wrote:Do you guys find Discmania stuff locally or is there a lot of ordering just based on reviews? I ask because all I can see/feel locally(within 2 hours) here is Discraft, Innova and a small amount of Millennium.

Anywhere that has Innova should be able to carry Discmania too... Its up to the dealer, but last I saw they were both on the same order forms. Everywhere around here that carries Innova carries Discmania as well, including the Innova warehouse :P

I only have Academy and Wal-mart for Innova. Our Hastings carries Discraft, and I found a Champion Rhyno there. No idea how that happened.

I do not know how the Academy decides which molds to stock. I know the manager plays. I hope they start adding things as this sport takes off here. Our 3 courses are not even a year old.

Probably out of luck there, I would venture a guess that the chains like Walmart and Academy don't get to just put what molds they want in. The Academy here in Rock Hill and the one in Spartanburg (both SC) match the inventory on the Academy website last time I checked.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby PMantle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Gotcha
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Joz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Timko wrote:Glow PDs for the EU this year. I'm hoping they are flat as a board. Otherwise I'm less interested.

I asked Jussi and he told me that the glow PDs have a slight dome and are firm in the hand. Take that for whatever...
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Not interested. I want flat as a board.

I asked Mark at DGV, and he told me they'll be sold through Hero. We won't have any in the states :(.
Timko

Postby JimW » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am

I love PDs.

Nope, don't really have anything more to say than that.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby tjh0188 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:23 am

How have the pros been coming out lately? Flat or domey like stars?
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Timko » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 am

Pros normally have some dome. I want to know if they've started making some softer ones again.
Timko

Postby tjh0188 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:08 am

the dome seems to add a touch of stability. i have a 171 S-pd and a 172 P-pd that are identical in PLH but the star has that slight dome and the pro is flat as a pancake. neither has any flashing left but i certainly wouldn't call the star "beat in" the pro is pretty abused, probably about a 6-7/10. I've even filled in a gouge with super glue!

I'm hoping that if the current run of pros starts out as stable as a deflashed star, I can go a few grams lighter and get pretty close to how my current one flies since it seems like the softer pro this one is made of isn't being run.
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Timko » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:20 pm

A high parting line adds stability and removes glide. Which is what I want in any Champ style PD. the Stars are plenty stable for workhorse duties. The Champs are meat hooks that best into glideless stable drivers. Perfect for windy fairway golf.
Timko

Postby Booter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 am

always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby andrew » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Been cycling P-PDs for awhile now, only buying light (163-166), soft ones. But I am pretty tempted to try out a glow C-PD, especially since they're supposedly non+ rim, unlike every C-PD I've ever handled. I have to admit, I really like the bear stamp and with it, I could play glow wiz, glow EP xl, glow pd night rounds... Also I bought a hopefully nifty LED flashlight from Eddie Bauer today.... Edit, Oh yeah and Glow Gator. I like that idea for a night bag! Add a glow pure and I'd have most shots covered....
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby what'shisname » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Had some glow PD's waiting for me when I got back from holidays. Unfortunately it's dumping snow out there today and I'll be buried in work for a bit so I'll have to wait a bit to see how they fly.

Definitely domier than any of my other PD's and PLH seems to be close to the CFR's. Here's some pictures:
Glow vs. CFR
Glow vs. Champy Star
CFR vs. Champy Star
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment