The Gospel of the PD

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby butter » Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 pm

i switched to BH this year and still don't have the distance for a PD. But...my beat in 166 S-PD is still in the bag b/c i can count on it for 350' dead straight FH shot everytime, wind or not. such a money disc.
butter
Noob

Favorite Disc: Dx EX

Postby BLURR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 am

How common are pearly C-PD's? I snagged one the other day and it is beefy...in a good way. Thinking of picking up another one as a backup in case they are hard to get a hold of.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby dehaas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:52 am

I ordered a few of the regular rim c line f2s from the factory store and got some merlots with some pearliness to them. They work well as my meathook pd.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby linkinparkervii » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:02 am

dehaas wrote:I ordered a few of the regular rim c line f2s from the factory store and got some merlots with some pearliness to them. They work well as my meathook pd.

I bought a couple of them off Dehaas and they are nice and stable-overstable.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Already have some discussion going on about this elsewhere, but figured I could get more info here. Just switched to the PDs but I haven't thrown them long enough to really understand what the gaps I'm missing in my drivers by basically only using them. I'm liking them, but what discs are you guys pairing with them to cover your drivers? Some that I'm looking at are FD, Sidewinder, and Roadrunner...
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Its possible to get a beat p pd to do the things thos would do, but youre better off just using any one of those for understable and lower power shots. Likewise you could cover a lot of the shots (not all) with a new beefy S or a CFR PD that a mold like a FB or pred would do, but youre better of having a mold that is more OS than the PD. Basically, how i compliment my PD is with a pred and a RR. I want to cover the extremes of what the pd canT do out of the box with different molds and everything between i have a couple of pds for. Works pretty well.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Joz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:58 pm

My PD / Driver Spectrum:

CFR PD
Stable C-PD
Beat 1st Run S-PD
Champystar S-TD
Really old glow Cal Teebird (doesn't really fit but it will never leave the bag...)
S-FD

For me that covers almost every shot outside of 250ft, even some long distance lines (400-450ft). I throw Destroyers and Quasars, but only on Charlotte's longer courses or for holes that require some beefy shots.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Apart from max D (DD2) and thumber discs (FR Premium RESPECTi), I only have the TD in there currently, though the FD will most likely secure a spot very soon. Basically the PD, if used in stages of wear and different plastics, can handle everything from straight to just below meathook overstable, and beaten in enough it can also do fantastic understable stuff. I do however like to supplement it with an understable mold, and that's where the beat TD's, and more lately the FD's, come in.

I used to only throw PD's for drivers in 2010 for quite a while, using three seasoned and beat P-PD's for low power and understable stuff, new and very slightly seasoned S-PD's for neutral to moderately overstable and windy stuff, and a flat CFR C-PD for a meathook. The only drivers I had apart from those were two P-DD's for all out distance. It worked really well. In the long term though I didn't want to be constantly cycling P-PD's, so I got some S-TD's to fill the understable duties, which they have done admirably well after beating them in.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Pwingles wrote:Its possible to get a beat p pd to do the things thos would do, but youre better off just using any one of those for understable and lower power shots. Likewise you could cover a lot of the shots (not all) with a new beefy S or a CFR PD that a mold like a FB or pred would do, but youre better of having a mold that is more OS than the PD. Basically, how i compliment my PD is with a pred and a RR. I want to cover the extremes of what the pd canT do out of the box with different molds and everything between i have a couple of pds for. Works pretty well.

Yes on the OS stuff, I personally prefer the Banshee even though its a tad shorter, but I kept that out of the equation for simplicity. I do have a FB to throw in when I feel like I'll need it. Thanks for the vote on the RR, still curious if anyone thinks a SW or FD works with the PD better... I know I've heard a lot of love for the PD/FD combo since the FDs have come out.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:56 pm

I'd say the FD works better than the SW, if only because FD is more versatile. The SW is quite a fast disc and doesn't work as well as the FD when powering down.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby mzoro » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I carry both the SW and FD. My cPD and sPD fill my more stable to overstable slots while occasionally throwing in a z predator when It's super windy. Jubuttid said it right, the FD is more versatile. It replaced my champ leos in that regard. The sidewinder gets regulated to just off the tee duties. While the FD can take over for those shots where my Rocs are gonna be a hair short. They power down nicely.
sidewindersPDpredatorFDkcROCchallenger
mzoro
Noob

Favorite Disc: leopard

Postby Drowsy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:04 am

Can somebody do me the favor of comparing the pd to the surge?
B!tch out + Pitch out =]
Drowsy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzzzz

Postby Timko » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 am

Not even in the same ballpark. PD is a bit slower with more HS and LS stability.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Surge ~= Wraith. And Wraith ain't no PD.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:30 am

Surge is slightly shorter slower less fading Wraith and a class above the PD in distance.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment