Who loves Orc?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Who loves Orc?

Postby zj1002 » Fri May 08, 2009 2:20 pm

yeah the champ orc can get flippy pretty quickly. almost all of mine end up getting chips or major gashes on the wing which is not common with champion discs. when they start beating into straight they are amazing. they bomb pretty big
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby lovetoDG » Sat May 09, 2009 11:40 pm

damn, my Orc has been getting better these days. I hit 450ft with Orc that was very stable on flat land with little tailwind. During the flight it started to do turnover itself after 250ft. This is unbelievable disc that acts like space ship.
Nuke-PD-Teebird-Roadrunner-Roc-Wizard
lovetoDG
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 11x Teebird

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:44 pm

lovetoDG wrote:This is unbelievable disc that acts like space ship.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
best quote ever?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:47 pm

on a side note i was messing with an old pearly orc today and was reminded why i dont throw em, man are they terrible in the wind :? its too bad too cuz i love how they fly in calmer conditions
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby lovetoDG » Sun May 10, 2009 12:00 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:on a side note i was messing with an old pearly orc today and was reminded why i dont throw em, man are they terrible in the wind :? its too bad too cuz i love how they fly in calmer conditions

Sounds like you need new Orc in better champion plastic because you may have bad one. I had one Orc that wasn't doing anything so had to put it away. I used my Orc so much during winter with crazy winds that saved me tons of times.
Nuke-PD-Teebird-Roadrunner-Roc-Wizard
lovetoDG
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 11x Teebird

Postby discspeed » Sun May 10, 2009 6:12 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:on a side note i was messing with an old pearly orc today and was reminded why i dont throw em, man are they terrible in the wind :? its too bad too cuz i love how they fly in calmer conditions

While we're loving the Orc, the Starfire should also be noted. It feels identical to the Orc in the hand and it handles winds much better. The seasoned Orc/Starfire are a perfect tandem.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby JR » Sun May 10, 2009 7:06 am

discspeed wrote:

While we're loving the Orc, the Starfire should also be noted. It feels identical to the Orc in the hand and it handles winds much better. The seasoned Orc/Starfire are a perfect tandem.

Agreed. Champ Orcs are reported to be more predictable and repeatable with domes. My 167 and 175 are. One ace in the dark without seeing the basket with the 167 equipped with a LED. Gotta respect that although I usually don't carry it in my bag. Only due to having learned to ameliorate the troubles of throwing discs that are too much for me in calm weather on line drives. Due to needing D and wind fighting capability. With a lot of practice not forgetting slower understable stuff. Longest line drive to 390' with a skip to 425' with a Pro 167 Destroyer I consider myself at least power challenged and probably form deficient. For quite a few discs.

If I were trying to learn as quickly as possible from scratch knowing what I know now of discs Orc, Flash, Avenger, OLF etc. would be my go to long distance driver with something else for tough headwinds. While quite easy to throw and long among long (not longest) drivers it isn't without competition. At least when skills increase a lot more discs that I used for specific shots that seemed unique have started to look like they are flying the same with manipulation by the thrower than some disc from every other manufacturer. Consequently I could score the same with a bag by many companies. The price of disc whoring before getting far enough with line shaping and general throwing skills and power. Confession of yet another disc whore. Truly unique and superior discs are few and far between.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 am

the orc is becoming quite the popular disc on this forum atm

wonder what happened to all those strikers
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 am

koyok23 wrote:the orc is becoming quite the popular disc on this forum atm

wonder what happened to all those strikers

mines too busy parking holes to talk about Orcs
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby inthedrift » Mon May 11, 2009 10:08 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:mines too busy parking holes to talk about Orcs

Amen brother. BTW Jesse, I dropped my TBs and I'm going Striker/Gazelle too. My Striker was with my friend for a few days because I let him throw it a couple times the last round I played with him. He went out of town for work for a while and when I got my disc back it was like reuniting with an old friend. Went right back to making consistently better drives with it. Man I love the Striker. I think I need a couple more new ones. :D
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:24 am

inthedrift wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:mines too busy parking holes to talk about Orcs

Amen brother. BTW Jesse, I dropped my TBs and I'm going Striker/Gazelle too. My Striker was with my friend for a few days because I let him throw it a couple times the last round I played with him. He went out of town for work for a while and when I got my disc back it was like reuniting with an old friend. Went right back to making consistently better drives with it. Man I love the Striker. I think I need a couple more new ones. :D
Yeah ive got a few backups stacking up at this point, seems like every round/new course i play with my strikers just re-affirms how entirely awesome that disc is :mrgreen: pretty sure im gonna go with the Striker/PD combo and just ditch my Destroyers, the inconsistency of my destroyer throws is not worth the extra 10/20 feet i get when i throw it right, im sure i average better D with the striker
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby inthedrift » Mon May 11, 2009 10:27 am

I hardly throw my Wraith anymore either. I get so close to the D with the Striker that the loss in control/accuracy isn't really worth it. I've given myself deuce looks on holes with my Striker that I had never reached before with a fairway OR my distance driver.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby zj1002 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 am

well i still use mine

orc/striker combo

i use the striker for sweeping hyzer type shots. it just glides so well and holds that hyzer like a champ.

Jesse the orc and pd are similar discs correct?
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Timko » Tue May 12, 2009 7:07 am

koyok23 wrote:well i still use mine

orc/striker combo

i use the striker for sweeping hyzer type shots. it just glides so well and holds that hyzer like a champ.

Jesse the orc and pd are similar discs correct?

The PD is more HSS and LSS stable. Think a StarfireX on stability steroids.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:45 am

koyok23 wrote:]Jesse the orc and pd are similar discs correct?

not really, orcs dont stand up to wind for shit and are pretty easy to turn over, PD's are great in the wind and are very HSS, the Orc and Striker have some overlap IMO, not the case with the PD
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment