Voodoo Practitioners?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Voodoo Practitioners?

Postby Jerrod » Fri May 22, 2009 10:40 am

BLURR wrote:The voodoo is the shizzle...I was out playing Walnut Ridge last night and was crushing my Voodoo's on shortish drives(330 and under). Things were clicking last night with the putter and short drives. I think I missed one putt inside of 35 last night.

What plastic were you driving with?
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri May 22, 2009 10:52 am

I gotta give it up for the voodoo. I've only had about 2 throws with one for about a '100 ft layups but damn those shits feel nice in the hand.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby BLURR » Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Jerrod wrote:
BLURR wrote:The voodoo is the shizzle...I was out playing Walnut Ridge last night and was crushing my Voodoo's on shortish drives(330 and under). Things were clicking last night with the putter and short drives. I think I missed one putt inside of 35 last night.

What plastic were you driving with?

I was driving with a Soft "S" Proto. It was buttery smooth...give it a touch of hyzer, watch it flip up flat...and stay straight all the way down the fairway and land flat.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jerrod » Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 pm

BLURR wrote:I was driving with a Soft "S" Proto. It was buttery smooth...give it a touch of hyzer, watch it flip up flat...and stay straight all the way down the fairway and land flat.

I just picked up a medium band stamp from MS to try and use as a driver and see if it can replace my Wizard. Smooth is the perfect way to describe the flight on this disc.
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Fri May 22, 2009 12:19 pm

I have some mediums at home...but they are way too hard to drive with. I could probably drive nails with the mediums I have.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby discspeed » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:20 pm

My Organic Voodoo is about 9 months old now and has broken in very evenly. There is no clovering on the flight plate, but the bead has completely worn off. From 150' and in it holds whatever line I put on it until it hits the ground. It floats in so slowly that I feel like I can run the basket every time without having to worry about blowing by. I've got 9 Organic backups and a couple of other nice ones, so I'm going to be set for years. For my style this is the perfect putter.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:27 am

Had a heck of a time deciding between the Wizard and the Voodoo.

It came down to the Voodoo's nice feel in my hand and the confidence boost that gave. Seems to release a lot cleaner and require less effort to get to the basket.

Wizard is a fine disc, but for me the Voodoo ended up being the stronger putter.

Your results may vary - there are a lot of fine putters out there.
Things that fly, or mostly fly.
Eric
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Smiley Face!

Postby RoomTenONine » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Got some S and SSS Voodoo's today to mess with. I do need something a little more glidey than my Wizards and I think this may be a nice compliment to the Wiz. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby discspeed » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:29 am

RoomTenONine wrote:Got some S and SSS Voodoo's today to mess with. I do need something a little more glidey than my Wizards and I think this may be a nice compliment to the Wiz. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Give it a little time for the glide...I have some new Voodoos and when I throw them they don't glide nearly as much as my broken in one despite being identical. Flex it a little in your hand and the sooner the flashing/mini-bead wears down the better.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby erb » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:35 am

funny this post was brought back as i just bought some voodoo's. But my question is this; I got some redish orange soft voodoos and on the inside rim (where you would but your fingers pads on a power grip) they are not flat, they have a bump in t mheiddle. So is that normal?
erb
Tree Magnet

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 am

I just bought some wizards like that too. I think it is just gateway being gateway.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby sweeper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:48 pm

I have recently switched from Rattlers to a combo of Magics and Voodoos.

The Magics are the "prototype" black ones and the Voodoos are "first run" black ones. I think they are both SSS. Thats what is written on the bottom in marker at any rate.

I KNOW I am going to loose these discs at some point in time because they are black and kinda hard to find sometimes. I wanted to know how other Voodoos and Magics fly, if there is a difference or anything.

I really like these discs!

I throw the voodoo out around 250 (max) and the magic around 225+.

Thanks!
* Pulse * Katana * Eagle X*Roc * Meteor * Aviar * Rattler *
sweeper
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby sunspot » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Not to be rude, but does it matter that the Voodoo is not PDGA approved?

Edit: Never mind, I went to the PDGA site and saw that it was approve back in March of this year.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby mpalcic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:22 pm

i am cursed by voodoos. i carried it for maybe only 2-3 months but never made a putt in with it. i used it as an approach disc and it was awesome. but as far as actually going into the basket it was a whole different story. it was such a disappointment that i just took it out and switched to a wizard for longer putts and approachs....so i am def. cursed by the voodoo....never to throw it again
HOT PROPERTY!
mpalcic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wooden stick

Postby Jaysus » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:25 pm

I have been carrying two Voodoos; the medium one I use for drives and approaches has been bad and I decided to punish it. I replaced it with a Wizard today, and am going to roll with that for a bit until the m Voodoo apologizes to me.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment