ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Postby dgdave » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:03 am

Xclones were the shit, but they couldn't take abuse.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JHern » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I had fun shopping through the large stack of ESP Cyclones at Final 9 Sports. I found the very coolest ESP Cyclone ever, bright yellow, rigid, flat top, with a rainbow foil stamp. It has a very interesting flight, it tends to turn just a tick, and then locks into the line. Very gentle fade at the end. Definitely an ace run disc. Love it! I just can't get away from how well these discs fly, at least when I find one of the good ones.

Now, if I could only find another way to shop through stacks of ESP Cyclones, rather having to drive all the way to Sacramento!
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I have domey Cyclones that in ESP are bricks and in TP rollers... Maybe i should throw a lower PLH flat Cyclone then to get a normal straight flight.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby LittleDave » Sat May 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Would anybody be interested in 3 Tourney-Pro X-Clones? I picked em up with winnings at a tournament. I have a white 167, black 170, and black 175. All new and unthrown with tourney stamp.
LittleDave
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JHern » Mon May 21, 2012 11:17 am

JR wrote:I have domey Cyclones that in ESP are bricks and in TP rollers... Maybe i should throw a lower PLH flat Cyclone then to get a normal straight flight.

All Cyclones have pretty much the same PLH, I haven't seen any significant difference between one ESP and any other when comparing under the nose. It's all about dome vs. no dome.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
JHern

Postby JHern » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 am

Found a cherry rigid orange flat-top 176g ESP Cyclone today in somebody's stock, it is one of the original ESP Cyclone runs. On my first throw with this disc off the tee on a 350' slightly downhill hole I barely missed the basket...imagine acing with the first shot of a disc!

If anyone finds others like this, I'd love to hear about them...and procure a few more for my collection.
Japan bag...
JHern

Postby JR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:56 am

Mine ain't like that but I aced my second time and the first time BH with a Champ Leopard that hadn't been thrown on a round. I had 3 or 4 warm up shots with it jut before that round and it was the first shot in the round with that disc. Sweet.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JHern » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm

JR wrote:Mine ain't like that but I aced my second time and the first time BH with a Champ Leopard that hadn't been thrown on a round. I had 3 or 4 warm up shots with it jut before that round and it was the first shot in the round with that disc. Sweet.

Awesome, I hope you kept it in your bag!

I now recall that Seppo Paju's ace from the Santa Cruz wharf was also with a new disc (a FB) he had just bought at the fly-mart on the beach. He immediately went back to the seller and asked if they had more just like it.
Japan bag...
JHern

Postby Booter » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 pm

lol my first ace was with a disc i found at a course the week before. didnt throw it the whole round except for 18 and right off the tee i smashed for my first ace.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby JR » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:27 am

I think i have mine i threw it a lot afterwards and i hope Seppo has his.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:48 am

JHern wrote:I now recall that Seppo Paju's ace from the Santa Cruz wharf was also with a new disc (a FB) he had just bought at the fly-mart on the beach. He immediately went back to the seller and asked if they had more just like it.
Heh, yeah. He had brought his DD2's, expecting a distance competition. Finding it was a mere 120 meters he had to get some shorter discs. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JHern » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 am

jubuttib wrote:
JHern wrote:I now recall that Seppo Paju's ace from the Santa Cruz wharf was also with a new disc (a FB) he had just bought at the fly-mart on the beach. He immediately went back to the seller and asked if they had more just like it.
Heh, yeah. He had brought his DD2's, expecting a distance competition. Finding it was a mere 120 meters he had to get some shorter discs. =)

The beach has a steady strong wind to contend with, the Firebird was indeed the very best choice.

I had my camera to my face, and I was snapping telephoto shots of Seppo from the beach (on the other side of the basket). I heard people's voices get excited and pipe up and when I took the camera away I saw his disc arcing right at the basket and then bam! There were like 1000 people there who immediately exploded into cheers and people all the way down the beach got up and walked over to check out what all the commotion was about.

You can see the disc just to the left of Avery's head:

After everyone finished throwing, Seppo got a proper congratulations:

Japan bag...
JHern

Postby JR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 am

I'll inform Seppo about these pics. Nice placement to show the crowd :-)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JHern » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am

JR wrote:I'll inform Seppo about these pics. Nice placement to show the crowd :-)

I notice he already has one of them on his FB banner. :D

I never released those photos until now, I suppose the video collage from Jamie Thomas was so awesome that I didn't bother...
Japan bag...
JHern

Postby JR » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:24 am

I sent him the link to this thread yesterday.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment