ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:Champion/Opto/Elite Z is so durable you don't have to worry about it at all. And I like the feel and flight better. For me, those plastics seem a little slower and more controlled in flight, and look like they're spinning through the air vs hurtling through the air. Throw your Champ, Star and G-Star Terns together at a field, and see if you notice the same thing. But, maybe I'm just getting more snap with the Champion-type plastic.

I should have said that I don't like Star/ESP in drivers. Mids are a different story.

Yeah Opto is something else. I really liked that plastic. Just feels so much different than Z and Champion. It's a bit grippier for my rough hands
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:32 pm

I had pulled Cyclones in favor of JLS a couple of years ago for reasons I don't recall. I heard ESP Cyclones were going OOP so I stuck them back in the bag to try to decide if I needed to grab a few backups while they are still around. No idea why I stopped throwing these things. I still think it's the most versatile control driver out there. Maybe the Eagle might give it a run for that title but this isn't an Eagle thread so...

I lucked into a store that had them on clearance and grabbed a few, but I still only have 6. Gonna need to grab some more when I can. Of course, I COULD dip into my stash of Tournament Pro Cyclones...nah.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Previous

Return to Equipment