What's your Buzzz of choice?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What's your Buzzz of choice?

1st Run
11
4%
2FR Buzzz
12
4%
Old production Z
35
12%
New production Z
69
23%
Midnight
4
1%
Z SS
7
2%
ESP SS
0
No votes
ESP
35
12%
FLX
37
12%
Pro D
14
5%
Crystal Z
26
9%
Crystal FLX
1
0%
Sparkle Z
1
0%
X Buzzz
20
7%
I plead the 5th...
28
9%
 
Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Flipflat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:The newest Buzzz is about to hit the market:

The 10th Anniversary Buzzz

I am told they will be released at the Memorial tournament so no one has seen or felt any. Except me, of course, but I only have a box of them.

A custom hotstamp is on top. A new (and old) Wasp bottom returns. Evidently the old Wasp raised letters wore down and were replaced with new graphics. Z plastic (so far, it is unknown if others plastics are contemplated). I have only thrown one (in deep blue) and it is very strong.


Wasp bottom- so does this mean it's got a bead? Or is it somehow more overstable than a regular Z? Or a glow?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Detroitish
Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 am

Flipflat wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:The newest Buzzz is about to hit the market:

The 10th Anniversary Buzzz

I am told they will be released at the Memorial tournament so no one has seen or felt any. Except me, of course, but I only have a box of them.

A custom hotstamp is on top. A new (and old) Wasp bottom returns. Evidently the old Wasp raised letters wore down and were replaced with new graphics. Z plastic (so far, it is unknown if others plastics are contemplated). I have only thrown one (in deep blue) and it is very strong.


Wasp bottom- so does this mean it's got a bead? Or is it somehow more overstable than a regular Z? Or a glow?


The 10th Anniversary Buzzzes are beadless, just like every other Buzzz I have ever seen in any plastic or run. I expect the 10th Anniversary run will have the typical variances. I saw some which were beautifully flat and some a bit domey. My preference is always for the flat topped ones so that is what I picked out.

Like most players I don't care how exactly what the stability of a mid-range disc is (understanding that Buzzzes are straight fliers by nature). I throw it, learn it, adjust to it and use it for what it does best. If anything I wish I could find a flippier Buzzz right out of the box so it wouldn't take years to break in to that level.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental
User avatar
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby what'shisname » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 am

Mark Ellis wrote:
Flipflat wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:The newest Buzzz is about to hit the market:

The 10th Anniversary Buzzz

I am told they will be released at the Memorial tournament so no one has seen or felt any. Except me, of course, but I only have a box of them.

A custom hotstamp is on top. A new (and old) Wasp bottom returns. Evidently the old Wasp raised letters wore down and were replaced with new graphics. Z plastic (so far, it is unknown if others plastics are contemplated). I have only thrown one (in deep blue) and it is very strong.


Wasp bottom- so does this mean it's got a bead? Or is it somehow more overstable than a regular Z? Or a glow?


The 10th Anniversary Buzzzes are beadless, just like every other Buzzz I have ever seen in any plastic or run. I expect the 10th Anniversary run will have the typical variances. I saw some which were beautifully flat and some a bit domey. My preference is always for the flat topped ones so that is what I picked out.

Like most players I don't care how exactly what the stability of a mid-range disc is (understanding that Buzzzes are straight fliers by nature). I throw it, learn it, adjust to it and use it for what it does best. If anything I wish I could find a flippier Buzzz right out of the box so it wouldn't take years to break in to that level.


I've never thrown one, but isn't that what a buzzz ss is supposed to do?
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am
Location: Calgary
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

what'shisname wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:
Flipflat wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:The newest Buzzz is about to hit the market:

The 10th Anniversary Buzzz

I am told they will be released at the Memorial tournament so no one has seen or felt any. Except me, of course, but I only have a box of them.

A custom hotstamp is on top. A new (and old) Wasp bottom returns. Evidently the old Wasp raised letters wore down and were replaced with new graphics. Z plastic (so far, it is unknown if others plastics are contemplated). I have only thrown one (in deep blue) and it is very strong.


Wasp bottom- so does this mean it's got a bead? Or is it somehow more overstable than a regular Z? Or a glow?


The 10th Anniversary Buzzzes are beadless, just like every other Buzzz I have ever seen in any plastic or run. I expect the 10th Anniversary run will have the typical variances. I saw some which were beautifully flat and some a bit domey. My preference is always for the flat topped ones so that is what I picked out.

Like most players I don't care how exactly what the stability of a mid-range disc is (understanding that Buzzzes are straight fliers by nature). I throw it, learn it, adjust to it and use it for what it does best. If anything I wish I could find a flippier Buzzz right out of the box so it wouldn't take years to break in to that level.


I've never thrown one, but isn't that what a buzzz ss is supposed to do?


Perhaps but not in my hands. As a forehander (with all that flutter) I throw a Buzzz in the 150' to 250' range, which means I never throw them hard. From big armed backhanders I have heard that the SS is a broken in Buzzz. For me, throwing Buzzzes for touch/control shots the SS is not much different in stability than a Buzzz and tends not to mold as flat.

As it turns out the 150-250' range is really important. Beyond my putters but less than my drivers. The ability to hit a flat, straight, true line in the Buzzz range is a great benefit on some courses, especially the tight tunnel types. Enough so that I carry 4 Buzzzes in varying stabilities just to handle these shots.

Once you fall in love with a disc it is hard to abandon it. I should probably search for a really flat SS and give it another try.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental
User avatar
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby money 21 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 pm

mark have you thrown the squall much i find it very fh friendly in the 200' range.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:18 pm
Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Mark Ellis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 pm

money 21 wrote:mark have you thrown the squall much i find it very fh friendly in the 200' range.


A Buzzz is flatter and has earned my adoration through many years and many throws. I have tried every midrange disc that Discraft makes including Squalls and its cousin, the Zombie. The only conditions which take a Buzzz out of my hands are crazy winds when I disc up to a Wasp or a Zone.

I have a buddy who loves the Squall and throws the heck out of it. It's his primary Mid within 300' and he can make it dance.

Part of the confidence you build with a disc is based on how it feels in the hand. A flat topped Z Buzzz feels right to me.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental
User avatar
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby andrew » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm willing to wager nobody has ever thrown a 10th Anniversary Buzzz.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: PPD

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby dgdave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm

I would if I had one
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12100
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Flipflat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 pm

andrew wrote:I'm willing to wager nobody has ever thrown a 10th Anniversary Buzzz.


I did yesterday, flew like a flat new z buzzz. Had some normal fade. Felt nice.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Detroitish
Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby inthedrift » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm

andrew wrote:I'm willing to wager nobody has ever thrown a 10th Anniversary Buzzz.


Fo realz? I've been bagging birdies with one of mine for a week or two now. :P
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, AK
Favorite Disc: Firebird

Previous

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests