0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 pm

In my collection, my first runs are the flattest. Midnight is next flattest, and these new ones are right there with the Midnights. Wish I had some pictures to post, because I have a Midnight w/silver stamp, and a Glo w/black stamp hangin' on the wall next to one another, and it is really cool, polar opposites and what not. Didn't get to throw today, so no flight review yet. Damn truck parts......... Anyways, they are pretty daggone flat, and I am pumped about tossing one.
Would not be surprised if the true "stock" runs come out a little domier, but that is just speculation.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby BLURR » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:11 pm

TeamTollandDG wrote:Are they table top flat like I want them to be???

The one I have is not table top flat...but pretty close.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Man, Buzzzes are getting kicked around in the Roc Lovers Thread. One of the comments I read spoke about how Buzzzes were supposed to be good at low straight lines but that was about it. I have played side by side with some pretty good Roc throwers, and typically, even with a good bit of ribbing, there is usually some admission of "nice shot" betwixt one another about a particular line or throw. I watched a guy throw a DX Rancho Roc on a 390' anhyzer shot the hole way to the basket, then stepped up and did the same thing with a FLX Buzzz. Maybe it is just me, but I try not to bad mouth (with any seriousness) what the other guys are throwing. Here's to the mutual appreciation of watching discs fly. You ought to at least try the Buzzz (or Roc) before you blast it, yeah?
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 am

I just picked up a z buzzz to throw around. You buzzz throwers better not let me down.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby plshrk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am

Well you have to keep in mind the new buzzzes fly nothing like the old flat top buzzes
www.LandSharkSports.com

Latitude 64/Innova/Gateway/Vibram/Discraft/MVP/Golden Retriever

Your source for Billiards and Disc Sports Equipment
plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby DPJ88 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:28 am

You can get new buzzzes with flat tops. Both of my new buzzz's are very flat and fly like every other older flat buzzz I ever had.
Pred - Orc - EagleX - River - Wasp - Buzzz - Fuse - Challenger
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 am

The flatter ones are just a lot harder to find these days.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby erb » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:08 pm

TeamTollandDG wrote:The flatter ones are just a lot harder to find these days.

not around my parts, or at least not "...a lot harder to find..."
erb
Tree Magnet

Postby TEX » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:38 pm

I like the FLX Buzzz. I not only use it for a short range diver and control approach.
I also use it for a putter. Very multi-purpose for me.
I feel the FLX Buzzz works so great is because it is flat.
Though I do like the Z Buzzz because of the lower air drag. They are able, it seems, to fly farther.
When Life gives you lemon's, make lemonade and share it with someone else.
TEX
Tree Magnet

Postby SnowMongoose » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 pm

After throwing almost entirely Rocs for my long and illustrious DG career
(currently up to about 4 months of playing 'for reals')
I decided, on a whim, to pick up a Z Buzzz
(previously had been all Innova and Latitude, plus an Epic)

Only thrown it maybe ten times, but must say, I'm digging it!
The plastic feels very lively, especially compared to my similarly weighted Rocs
(2 in DX, 1 in KC Pro) though that liveliness may have contributed to it jumping out of two baskets already.
Pumped to be trying out 'the competition,' I'll check back in if/when I decide to pick up another
(mmm... glo)
SnowMongoose
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby tgm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 pm

I started with FLX and like the feel of them. I picked up a couple D's too to beat in lately. Tonight I just picked up a couple nice Z ones that I'm looking forward to throwing them this weekend. As I get better, I find myself tossing the Buzzz more and more (along with my Wizard). They fly straight as an arrow, are good BH and FH and all seem incredibly predictable. Probably the best overall disc in my bag.

I was out at Blue Ribbon a few weeks ago and took it out on 16, expecting to lay up a bit in front of the ravine and it glided right into it. Funny since I was too wussy to bring out my driver and go for since I was worried about it ending up in the water. Thankfully, I was on a nice little mud ledge.

After I have a chance to throw the Z I might change my mind but right now I like FLX the best. I don't really think it matters though, since the Buzzz is just awesome.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby discspeed » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm having a hard time with the glow Buzzz...Its so good that I just took out my 2FR Buzzz that has been my primary mid for the past year (I've had a 2FR in my bag for the past 2.5 years). I still can't believe it, and since I was quite attached to that disc I'm feeling a little guilty...But discs don't have feelings and that glow Z flies so damn pretty. It flies like a seasoned Buzzz right out of the box...that means it holds pure to whatever line you put on it from midrange speeds and distances. It glides better than my 2FR (which drops faster) and flies better on turning shots. All around it is simply more versatile. I realized that I liked my 2FR because it was faster and longer than other Buzzzes, but with the Stalker in the bag I don't need to stretch my Buzzz shots like I used to. So the glow fits better into my lineup than my beloved 2FR (I'll still never sell any of these :wink: ).

One sort of negative regarding the glow Z...I absolutely blasted a tree right off the teepad on a hole I wouldn't usually throw a Buzzz on (I was trying it off every tee). It visibly bent down the wing on one side slightly. My Stalker looks like this as well, and like my Stalker it somehow did not affect the flight much if at all. I have tried the glow on all the lines I used the 2FR and it consistently flew truer and with less effort. I'm going to have to try and get some more heavy ones. This may be the best Buzzz to come out since the original...Something about that plastic.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:49 am

The ever growing collection of Buzzzes in my house has yet another brother. After adding a DISCRAFT stamped glow model to the bag, I bought a 178 stock stamp yesterday. As yet unthrown, but that won't last. Played 9 holes match play BUZZZ v. Roc with a guy yesterday, and was hammering my GLO BUZZZ, even into 10-15mph headwinds. I am really liking this. Something about the way these molded up makes them as reliably overstable as the most stable Cryztal Z's, yet not as violently understable if I get too much on it.
Happiness is a bag full of Buzzzes.
I won 4&2.
Peace,
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby DPJ88 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:54 pm

I might have to try picking up one of these new GLO buzzzes.
Pred - Orc - EagleX - River - Wasp - Buzzz - Fuse - Challenger
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:05 pm

I fondled a few of the bar stamped glo buzzes at the PIAS the other day and they make a man question his roc hood.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment