0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Monocacy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Are all X Buzzzes domey, or do flat ones exist?

I have a domey X Buzzz that, other than the label, seems like a completely different mold than the dinner plate-flat Glo Z or Z Buzzzes. The domey X Buzzz flies way more understable than the Z’s, too. I had a flat D Buzzz that I liked until I threw it on a roof. As I recall, after a few collisions the D Buzzz was slightly more understable than the Z Buzzz – bendable but not flippy.

I’m not sure that I need to carry a flippy midrange. Right now it seems like throwing a Z Buzzz, DX Whippet, and Warlock forehand and backhand covers the shots I need (not that I can always make the shots, but I should be able to).

Thoughts?
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby discspeed » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Monocacy wrote:Are all X Buzzzes domey, or do flat ones exist?

I have a domey X Buzzz that, other than the label, seems like a completely different mold than the dinner plate-flat Glo Z or Z Buzzzes. The domey X Buzzz flies way more understable than the Z’s, too. I had a flat D Buzzz that I liked until I threw it on a roof. As I recall, after a few collisions the D Buzzz was slightly more understable than the Z Buzzz – bendable but not flippy.

I’m not sure that I need to carry a flippy midrange. Right now it seems like throwing a Z Buzzz, DX Whippet, and Warlock forehand and backhand covers the shots I need (not that I can always make the shots, but I should be able to).

Thoughts?

There are a lot of flat X Buzzzes out there. I've seen a couple of the domey ones, and they are really freaky. Most are flat or at least flatish...

As far as not carrying one that is understable, as I said before there are a lot of situations, specific ceilings and distances, where an understable midrange allows for a real touch shot instead of having to try to force something with a stable disc. This is where overthrows/throwing into the ground/offline comes more into play.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Monocacy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm

discspeed wrote:There are a lot of flat X Buzzzes out there. I've seen a couple of the domey ones, and they are really freaky. Most are flat or at least flatish...

Freaky is right. I will probably try an X Buzzz again, but it sounds like I need to pick out a flat one in person (or take advantage of your personal shopping services, if still available . . .).

discspeed wrote:As far as not carrying one that is understable, as I said before there are a lot of situations, specific ceilings and distances, where an understable midrange allows for a real touch shot instead of having to try to force something with a stable disc. This is where overthrows/throwing into the ground/offline comes more into play.

Good point. Thank you!
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby MizzouTiger26 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Recently traded a Champ Leo for an ESP Buzzz and I love the thing! I can pretty much throw it on any line I want, with any amount of power I want.
PD~PD2~Quasar~Stalker~11xBanshee~Fuse~Axis~Gator~P2
MizzouTiger26
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:09 am

MizzouTiger26 wrote:Recently traded a Champ Leo for an ESP Buzzz and I love the thing! I can pretty much throw it on any line I want, with any amount of power I want.

My ESP Buzzzes get more time than my Z ones.....I think we are in the minority!
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby koffee » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:15 am

I really like the Z plastic but I also have one in esp im trying to beat in.

CHEERS - Koffee
koffee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: buzz

Postby discspeed » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 pm

ESP Buzzzes are great. I've thrown quite a few. They break into straight quite quickly and stay there a long time. Most glide pretty well too. I went back to the Z because I found the ESP to get squirrely in the wind.
discspeed

Postby Strauss » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:00 pm

discspeed wrote:ESP Buzzzes are great. I've thrown quite a few. They break into straight quite quickly and stay there a long time. Most glide pretty well too. I went back to the Z because I found the ESP to get squirrely in the wind.

It's usually always windy at my local course and I think thats the main reason I have come to like my Z-Buzz the most out of all the other plastics. My Z-Buzz handles the wind much better than my FLX, and seems more consitant than my ESP as well. I really want to pick up a Glo-Z Buzz as I've heard they are really sweet!
Pred/PD's/Gazelle/Wraith
Core/Fuse/Ridge
Strauss
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD's of all kinds!

Postby discspeed » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Strauss wrote:
discspeed wrote:ESP Buzzzes are great. I've thrown quite a few. They break into straight quite quickly and stay there a long time. Most glide pretty well too. I went back to the Z because I found the ESP to get squirrely in the wind.

It's usually always windy at my local course and I think thats the main reason I have come to like my Z-Buzz the most out of all the other plastics. My Z-Buzz handles the wind much better than my FLX, and seems more consitant than my ESP as well. I really want to pick up a Glo-Z Buzz as I've heard they are really sweet!

Glo Z Buzzzes are my favorite Buzzzes of all time.
discspeed

Postby KJDog19 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Where is the option for any? Any Buzz is a great Buzz! If I must pick though...I say old Z. Then again my FLX Buzz was amazing...and my X Buzz...my 1st run was money also...
Ions|Tangent|Tensor|Amp|Volts|Shock

Proud thrower of MVP discs.
KJDog19
Tree Magnet

Postby koffee » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 pm

I was wondering if it was possible to beat in a esp buzz or is this a lost cause?

CHEERS - Koffee
koffee
Tree Magnet

Postby NoLifeLeft » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 pm

koffee wrote:I was wondering if it was possible to beat in a esp buzz or is this a lost cause?

CHEERS - Koffee

Yes, it is possible. Buy an X to use in the mean time. You will not regret it.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby A.Mutt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 am

koffee wrote:I was wondering if it was possible to beat in a esp buzz or is this a lost cause?

CHEERS - Koffee

Yep most definitely possible. After heavily utilizing my ESP Buzzz for a year it is now well seasoned and will finish its flight very straight.
Magic + Challenger + Buzzz + Hornet + Tbird + PD + Valkyrie + Force + Nuke
A.Mutt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S-PD

Postby koffee » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:08 am

Thank you for the responses

I have been using d buzzes and traded for a few discs and one was an esp buzz. So I was hoping if I can keep it out of the water (it is blue) i would try and beat it in.

CHEERS - Koffee
koffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Fizzy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:40 am

CHEERS - Koffee

It's definitely possible but don't hold your breath. I found a beat one 177 and then used it for practice in the woods by a road every day for a year. Now it's quite understable.
Wizard - Aviar - Roc - Leopard - PD - Predator - Wraith?
ForeverBlue232 wrote:It's probably a disc rated 12/7/-5/8. It will go roller and then when the fade kicks in, it will pop back up into the air and fade on you. hehehe
Fizzy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment