0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby J-Man » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:58 pm

It just has the 2009 Memorial stamp in the middle. I see that Discraft is going to release a stock run of this glo, it's not bad, not Photon by any means, but not bad.
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 am

Glo Z Buzzz FTW!!!

I would like to try a Sparkle Z-Buzzz like the Sparkle Tsunami's.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JackMontana » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 am

Special edition Halloween Buzzz is now available from the Discraft website. The plastic is purportedly a blend of FLX and ESP. Special pumpkin head stamp, only available in orange, $15.

The plastic blend is interesting. There seems to be a lot of variability in different runs of ESP as it is. My Doss ESP Surge feels almost identical to my friend's FLX Surge. Just traded an ESP Avenger that was super stiff, not like the Doss ESP at all. So, if the halloween Buzzz feels like my Doss Surge it should be a money blend.

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby TheTyrant » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:21 am

I was playing around with a beat up X buzzz yesterday and it's amazing some of the lines that disc can fly. I'm pretty confident I can do anything a comet can do with a buzzz but I can't do everything a buzzz can do with a comet. It makes you wonder why the comet even exists. :twisted:
TheTyrant
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:03 am

TheTyrant wrote:It makes you wonder why the comet even exists. :twisted:

Comments like this will get you banned from the board and taken off my Xmas card list :D
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby TheTyrant » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am

Don't ban me! Then I would actually have to do work.

I was thinking about it earlier...One of DGR's mantras is disc minimalism, right? If my statement is true, it could be argued that the comet is a superfluous disc. This means that people who throw comets are really DGR haters with plans to bring down everything this cult stands for. In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast.
TheTyrant
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:57 am

TheTyrant wrote:Don't ban me! Then I would actually have to do work.

I was thinking about it earlier...One of DGR's mantras is disc minimalism, right? If my statement is true, it could be argued that the comet is a superfluous disc. This means that people who throw comets are really DGR haters with plans to bring down everything this cult stands for. In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast.

Banned!
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby discspeed » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:30 pm

TheTyrant wrote:I was playing around with a beat up X buzzz yesterday and it's amazing some of the lines that disc can fly. I'm pretty confident I can do anything a comet can do with a buzzz but I can't do everything a buzzz can do with a comet. It makes you wonder why the comet even exists. :twisted:

The truth is the X Buzzz and ESP Comet have a lot in common. With the Buzzz being domey and the ESP Comet flat it almost negates the flight differences caused by the molds.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Spinach D » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 pm

This thread and the discontinuation of D Wasps casued me to pull out my Z, X and D Buzzz's again. Same result as always though. I do not like them. Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 pm

BLURR wrote:Glo Z Buzzz FTW!!!

I am in posession of 2 new 177 Glo Z Buzzzes, with the large DISCRAFT stamp. Have not thrown one yet, but perhaps tomorrow. As far as a Sparkle Z Buzzz, they are out there. Check sunkingdiscsports.com. I think that is where I got mine. It has the large Bee as a Ghost Stamp. Disc looks badass. Just gave it to a friend, and he loves it. I found it fairly overstable for a Buzzz, but nothing special, excepting the plastic.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby inthedrift » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:32 am

Spinach D wrote:This thread and the discontinuation of D Wasps casued me to pull out my Z, X and D Buzzz's again. Same result as always though. I do not like them. Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

How about a Roc? :wink:
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby discspeed » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:12 am

Spinach D wrote: Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

No need to apologize, those are the best things about the Buzzz. That extra speed means better performance at lower heights and more distance with less effort. This extra speed also comes without additional LSS, which is also nice. I also find planar straight shots to be the most predictable. I throw the Meteor when I want curvaceous. :wink:

The Buzzz does not occupy quite the same range as the Wasp/Roc. I would say my comfortable Buzzz range for a straight shot is about 280'-330', where with a Roc/Wasp it would be 220'-310'. I like to use my putters for that 220'-280' range where many throw Rocs/Wasps, so I don't hold it against my Buzzz that it is a little too much disc at those distances.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Spinach D » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:29 am

inthedrift wrote:
Spinach D wrote:This thread and the discontinuation of D Wasps casued me to pull out my Z, X and D Buzzz's again. Same result as always though. I do not like them. Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

How about a Roc? :wink:

I have gone back and forth betweren Wasps and Rocs since the beginning and settled on the Wasps becuase they are slightly less glidely and more predicable, even when beat to understable. I got to have the Pro D though, so now it is back to Rocs (the reason I found out Pro D Wasps were discontinued was because a friends dog chewed my 2 main D Wasps up a few weeks ago).

I bought some new Rocs and was mostly dissapointed until someone borrowed me a glow Roc as leagues were getting dark. I threw it like a genius, so I went and got some glow Rocs. They are definatiely the best and most consistent (in-between domey and flat) Rocs I've had. I can tell they are going to wear nice and a little more quickly than the hard dx that is prevalent right now. I'll take an extra throw with it on each hole for the next couple of weeks and I should be in good shape for mids again. Enough hijacking the Buzzz thread.

Like so many things, it all depends on what you are used to. I'm sure I could get good at throwing the Buzzz but I have a ton of experience and a lot of confidence with Wasps/Rocs. If I did throw the Buzzz, it would likley carry a Z and X with most throws being X. The Z I have is very flat and very LSS. The D is beat to shit and but still not a good turnover disc (I'd rather throw a beat Magnet).
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BLURR » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:47 am

NoMoreTinCup wrote:I am in posession of 2 new 177 Glo Z Buzzzes, with the large DISCRAFT stamp.

Working on my jedi mind tricks...

These are not the disc's you are looking for. Now go about your business(And send them to me).
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby MR. WICK » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:35 pm

NoMoreTinCup wrote:
BLURR wrote:Glo Z Buzzz FTW!!!

I am in posession of 2 new 177 Glo Z Buzzzes, with the large DISCRAFT stamp. Have not thrown one yet, but perhaps tomorrow. As far as a Sparkle Z Buzzz, they are out there. Check sunkingdiscsports.com. I think that is where I got mine. It has the large Bee as a Ghost Stamp. Disc looks badass. Just gave it to a friend, and he loves it. I found it fairly overstable for a Buzzz, but nothing special, excepting the plastic.
KP

Are they table top flat like I want them to be???
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment