Permanent changes to Gateway lineup?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Permanent changes to Gateway lineup?

Postby eg37167 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:43 pm

I know there are a couple of GDStour guys and dealers here.

Yesterday I looked on the GDStour site and the Hybrid is gone now. I know it has been retooled twice already. Has it gone out of production?

Also, with all the new discs from the Gateway/Quest partnership, is the whole product line getting a shakeup? I read somewhere they are slowly working on an overhaul of their website and marketing approach....
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:58 am

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised. The hybrid was supposed to be a "teebird-like" disc, but it just never took off. Put that with the fact that Gateway's next driver is supposed to be a "teebird-like" disc. I think the hybrid is being phased out.

consequently, I have some 3rd toolings (there 3 molds actually) in E around 1750176 if anyone is looking for some discs...
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby garublador » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:04 pm

I'm not sure the Hybrid was ever on there in the first place. I just don't think they've updated the disc description part of their site since the Illusion. I'm not sure about the future of Gateway, but it wouldn't make sense for them to start discontinuing molds yet and I don't think the current state of their site really shows the direction they are planning on taking.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Weebl » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:44 am

It seems like they're more focused on public relations recently.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 am

the quest site is updated with all of gateways new discs (since they are making plastic togeather now)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby bigs348 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:55 pm

garublador wrote:I'm not sure the Hybrid was ever on there in the first place.

The Hybrid has been in the Online Store section of Gateway's site, but it was never on the main page with descriptions, etc. They haven't updated that in friggin' forever. Supposedly, they're revamping the website for a complete overhaul and new look in October, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thatdirtykid wrote: the quest site is updated with all of gateways new discs (since they are making plastic togeather now)

The Quest site only has a select number of Gateway discs on it. They have the Inferno, the Odyssey and Scream discs, and then the Wizard, Blaze, Sabre, Spirit, Element, and Element-X.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Equipment