loosing grip on the rip of a Z pred

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

loosing grip on the rip of a Z pred

Postby Solty » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:55 pm

Yesterday, i played in a local tournament and the 4 times i wanted to throw my Z Pred.....it came way early of my hand.....conversely, whenever i threw my X pred or any other driver...i didn't have this problem. I'm still new the x pred and z pred however any reason that anyone could think of, of why i'd be slipping on the rip thus never driving the disc straight..whereas it turned completely to the left from the start.

Previously, i'd throw the Z on the same holes with success.

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Re: loosing grip on the rip of a Z pred

Postby Timko » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:41 pm

mikesolt wrote:'m still new the x pred and z pred however any reason that anyone could think of, of why i'd be slipping on the rip...

Z/Champion plastic requires a stronger grip if you throw the disc hard. Are you trying to throw the disc too hard perhaps, and it's falling out of your hand before you're ready for the hit? If that isn't the case, you may investigate some grip strengthening techniques.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby trogdor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:24 pm

I usually reserve the Pred for strong winds where I'm afraid of flipping a less stable disc. I think the early release of a Pred for me is more based on the situation ("Don't grip lock, Don't flip it, [disc slips out of hand]") than the disc itself.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:58 pm

talking with the ppl i played with yesterday....they said i was using the disc more for the hyzer....than the distance.....so that could be the leading factor.....instead of letting the disc do the work...i was trying to do the work.

m
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Return to Equipment